Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fake Funktion One

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooreb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2013 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by Lee83 Lee83 wrote:

I reckon when the Chinese learn to come up with their own great designs were all screwed.

Chinese don't need to come up with their own designs.

Greedy Western companies, looking to fleece customers, shift production to China, making huge saving on manufacture costs, and then charge the same price or more to customers.

Then Karma bites them in the ass, by Chinese reproducing these lovely designs they were given, but just putting in "Mr Wongs components". LOL

So in a number of cases, if you buy the Chinese duplicate, and replace drivers with something half decent, & with parameters fairly close to the original drivers, well...

E.g., A certain Turbosound 2x18 BPH China copy, is stellar with the right drivers..

I would have to agree with you, I can't see how a box that probably has the exact dimensions as the original with a replaced decent driver, wouldn't sound as close to the original box regardless how much it cost
FB LS AUDIO SYSTEMS
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2013 at 11:34pm
I seriously doubt the driver in the mid of the copies bolts through onto the axehead, and that's a key part of how it works.
AJordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2013 at 11:55pm
2x18 BPH, aint no mid!
cardiffdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardiffdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2013 at 5:13pm
TPA PLAYING IN BLACKSWAN BRISTOL SAT NIGHT.
Willyoung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2017 at 4:37pm
Finding the right driver is the hard bit. The engineering work to driver is quite strate forward
matty w View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matty w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 3:40am
Positive feedback from melbourne on the tpa copies !!

Sound man friend has been there the last few days listening to it ,apparently it sounds better than the real f1 he hears every other weekend in Perth ! lol

Two tops n four bins a side !

Setup outside in both cases, so no acoustics issues !

Would need to hear it myself to make proper judgment ofcourse !

Personaly can't see any reason atall why it wouldnt sound as good , providing the drivers are relitively close in tsp !
Which it would seem like they must be !

Generaly speaking, the concensus of copied products when disscussed online is that there no good !

Can't help thinking copied products just get shot down by people trying to protect the industry as opposed to there actual performance haha

But you didn't hear that from me lol

Black to black , red to red , blue to bits ....

Natedub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 6:36pm
I have heard funktion one systems that sounded both lovely and horrible, dj so far in the red that the limiters are on maximum compression, sadly the only Danley system I heard sounded pretty lifeless but I would never judge it on the one listen for this reason. I have heard seen/heard funktion one copies that sounded spot on (and yes the axehead was bolted through the driver, I looked ) Sure they can produce some tat but I would not underestimate the Chinese. I think its partly people experiencing the tat, partly the industy trying to protects itself (fair enough) and an element of ignorant bigotry (not cool) All just my opinion of course
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678