Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fane CD 145 diaphragm 16 ohm.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 4:17pm
In fact I got mine from the exact same seller, fitted fine
funkyparrot View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkyparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 5:19pm
Hiya Nate. Perhaps I'm worrying unduly about the 150s, it's good to hear that someone has a positive review about them but, you can even see in that photo, that the holes in that EV replacement aren't big enough.
Natedub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 5:41pm
Yes I agree the EV replacements dont look good! I dont think you will be disapointed with the cd150n diaphragms though mate   
KDW32 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDW32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 6:25pm
The one I ordered is going in a NCA box the other box of the pair is fine so will do a A/B comparison. Fingers crossed. 
funkyparrot View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkyparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 12:42pm
Hi.KDW. You've not yet given a follow up on your diaphragm. I've received mine, they both look fine, but one had a 16ohm label on its package, the other one didn't, so I put the meter on it..... Meter on the 16 ohm reads around 15, so no prob with that one. Just the hassle of arranging return again!

I'm not fitting them immediately, these were only ordered as contingency stock

As far as the DH2 one goes, it was required immediately, that's been returned and I've found a genuine EV, but it was £97! At least I know it will fit.

KDW32 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDW32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by funkyparrot funkyparrot wrote:

Hi.KDW. You've not yet given a follow up on your diaphragm. I've received mine, they both look fine, but one had a 16ohm label on its package, the other one didn't.

Hi, mine arrived on Monday and looked fine, identical. It was labelled 16 ohm. even the little red paint mark on the positive was identical to the original. I wont be able to do the A/B test till Sunday or Monday. Will post again in this thread then. Cheers.
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 1:33pm
Getting the mounting hole dimensions wrong seems such an elementary error that it probably isn't connected with poor worksmanship. Either it's an old version of the same driver or a very similar variant which was mislabelled by the seller.
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
KDW32 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDW32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by funkyparrot funkyparrot wrote:

Hi.KDW. You've not yet given a follow up on your diaphragm. I've received mine, 

Sorry for the late reply. It sounds identical to the original Fane. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12