Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fane collossus in 1850?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stumbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fane collossus in 1850?
    Posted: 26 April 2005 at 7:12pm
sorry if this has been asked before - dont know how to evaluate drivers for diff cabs yet - can anyone tell me how well a fane collos xb wud work in an 1850??

many thanks

not as straight forward as i first imagined..
tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 12:25am
t/s specs?
Stumbler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stumbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 8:27am
Um, are u asking me what t/s specs of fane drivers are? or suggesting i look at t/s specs to work it out myself?

PISSHEAD View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PISSHEAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 3:54pm

I wouldn't bother put them in 1850s ....build some scoopes for them.  Rog said something about the Fane having a 'mush motor' for horns so they won't last long in horns......hope this helps.....

The 'drunken master' strikes again.
Stumbler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stumbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 12:56pm
Cheers for that - wudnt put fane in an 1850, seeing as isn't designed for it, just saw some for sale with em in.  Re: what Rog said, have had fane colus. 15's in turbosdound copy folded bins for a few years, and they sound sweet and have lasted, and am also looking at 2 pairs of the same copied bin, but in 18", with fanes again, so am hoping this isnt the case?

The copied model is the TS 118 i think.

Anyone?

tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 1:39am

Um, are u asking me what t/s specs of fane drivers are?

Yes because if they are similar to the driver that is meant for this enclosure,it should work fine.

PISSHEAD View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PISSHEAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2005 at 2:25pm

Hi , what sort of power you putting into the 15'' turbo copy horns?....what sort of budget/ application you looking at ?...(someone might be able to recommend an alternative design).....

The 'drunken master' strikes again.
Beatfreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 5:59am
It is not just about the b/l or as some people say mush motors, as long the sealed enclosure and the horn is designed right you won't have any problems, and turbosound and funktion one use fane drivers in all their new products including horns, bandpass and hybrids so if its good enough for them its good enough for me.
sound designs for sound individuals
tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2005 at 6:11pm

Originally posted by Beatfreak Beatfreak wrote:

It is not just about the b/l or as some people say mush motors, as long the sealed enclosure and the horn is designed right you won't have any problems, and turbosound and funktion one use fane drivers in all their new products including horns, bandpass and hybrids so if its good enough for them its good enough for me.

I agree. The lab12 has a BL near 14 yet the bass it produces is tight as described by many who listen to labhorns. Its a matter of preference of frequency response rather than low bl drivers being crappy.

james folkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james folkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 9:34am
would it be possible to tune an 1850 to a fane xb by changing the rear
chamber volume only? obviously you wouldn't get the output of a p.d. but
xb cones are quite articulate.

james.
tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 10:27pm

Rear chamber + compression ratio should adjust it enough.

soundsystemdan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundsystemdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2005 at 8:24pm
Hello, I'd just like to point out that there is a Collussus 18 XB and a collossus 18-600, with different Qts among other things. Something to consider.
 Post Reply Post Reply