Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fane Folded Horn 15'' driver advise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2014 at 10:57pm
have said it to many times, but here it comes again: try that thomann 15lb100!
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2014 at 1:58am
Was a thread about these ages ago with a well known chap from here commenting that he had 1550 in them and kick was hard. Maybe too hard for him. He swapped out for 156 and said he could stand in front them all day with a lovely kick.
Seehnav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seehnav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2014 at 9:03am
Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

Originally posted by Meat Meat wrote:

[controversy]1550 in the Fanes and then Apache H15 when they die.[/controversy]
...possible +1.
Cheap option, kappa LFs and when they die THAM15?.

I'll keep that in mind!
Seehnav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seehnav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2014 at 9:05am
Originally posted by corell corell wrote:

have said it to many times, but here it comes again: try that thomann 15lb100!

That is also a good option , but maybe I got 2 Eminence kappa LFA for about 150 Euro's (second hand).

Birchply View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birchply Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2015 at 10:05pm
Yes. Mini-Mad . this is the right idea. get some 15/18mm ply bracing inside. Use an expanding PU construction adhesive. Any 15" with Theile Small in the range Kappa Pro or PD1550. Bash all the surfaces;if you think it resonates too much...get a brace in there. Even an 18mm x 50mm baton on the inside of a panel will help. No need to be fussy. Reach as far up the horn as you can and anywhere you can get at !!  They are great old skool bombers. Love them back to the dance floor.
Biggus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biggus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2015 at 2:14pm
Old Skool Bombers I love mine, Had this lot out at the weekend!
Birchply View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birchply Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2015 at 9:22pm
Wot a treat Biggus.....love that ally trim. I gone all nostalgic !!  Tongue
Turo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2015 at 9:24am
We had two of these made of chip board. Didn't know anything about anything then so can't tell you how they were but it was fun to learn what desing they were..

-Turo

edit.-> in the plan it says "cutout for rear loaded loudspeaker" this refers to the way of mounting the driver? It is a front loaded horn isn't it..

Edited by Turo - 05 January 2015 at 9:39am
swaeg.net
Seehnav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seehnav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2015 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Biggus Biggus wrote:

Oh sweet lord , very nice! , to bad I sold mine Cry
Seehnav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seehnav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2015 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Biggus Biggus wrote:

that is very impressive , I sold mine Smile
Birchply View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birchply Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2015 at 12:56pm
Yes Turo. "rear loaded loudspeaker" ( a confusing term....the driver is actually 'Front Mounted' !! ) is about how the actual speaker chassis is fixed in the 'rear chamber' such that the 'front' side of the cone can fire into the 'throat' of the horn expansion which 'loads' the cone. The cabinet is a Classic  'Front' Loaded Folded Horn....which has a sealed 'rear chamber' which pneumatically loads the rear or magnet side of the driver.
So....you are CORRECT Sir !!
nigelwright7557 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nigelwright7557 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2016 at 1:59am
I just bought a couple of Fane folded horn speakers.
Very happy with them they sound great.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>