Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - FANE loudspeaker enclosure design and construction
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FANE loudspeaker enclosure design and construction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote space141 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FANE loudspeaker enclosure design and construction
    Posted: 26 March 2016 at 4:19pm
Hello,

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the FANE loudspeaker enclosure design and construction book lurking around on their hard-drive somewhere?

Apparently used to be available on this website OzValveAmps but seems like the link isn't working anymore (perhaps they are no longer in business.)

Trying to locate the source of this image which is apparently from that handbook but would be great to have a bit more information about it:

Cheers in advance,

Thomas.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2016 at 8:53pm

this is the other page relating to that design.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
space141 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote space141 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2016 at 4:12pm
Thank you every so much for uploading that - nice to have an scan from the original manual. Do you know where I might be able to get a copy as I spent a considerable amount of time yesterday looking for something online but didn't have much luck.

Thanks again,

Thomas.
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2016 at 5:23pm
You have mail
Biggus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Biggus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2016 at 8:25pm
Did you get a copy? I've got a copy in PDF format if that helps
freelanceav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freelanceav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 7:51pm
Hi guys and gals. My question is somewhat related.

We built some Dual 15" FANE bass bins in the mid 90s, with rather good performance and I do not have the plans anymore.

I will attempt to upload a photo ...

The designs use the 15XB drivers, although the current version of these drivers have been updated.

I am not sure if these plans were in the FANE design book, so my question is two-fold:
1. Would someone kindly send me a copy of the book if they have it in PDF form?
2. Does anyone recognise these designs (I'm referring to the bass bins, bot the mids)

If anyone recognises these bass bins and havs the plans, I would be grateful if you fould forward a copy.

jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2017 at 10:23am
Link to larger plans here:ere: 

Edited by jazomir - 19 April 2017 at 10:24am
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2017 at 10:54am

Freelanceav,
Re: the dual 15" bins you built, were they the 'W' bin, if so I have the plan on a PDF.

I also have the old Eminence book (very similar to the fane book) that has a dual 15" ported W bin, dual 15" Bandpass, a dual 15"  scoop and a dual 15" BR cab.

You need to get your post count up to 10 so I can PM the PDF to you.

TBH, by todays standards these are not the best designes and far better self build cabinet are now avaliable.

Alan.

Edited by APW - 19 April 2017 at 11:06am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freelanceav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2017 at 11:30am
Thank you, Alan.

No, they were not W bins, but have the most amazing performance for what they are.

I'm going to revive this little project and wanted to give the bins a new face-lift as they seem very dated. We measured 132dB @ 38Hz with these at the time in a chamber and they are only FANE Colossus 15XB drivers. Not the highest SPL for these days, but they do have a very tight response. The designs were 'unofficially' given to me from a FANE contact around 20 years ago, who is no longer with the company. I'm trying to avoid going down the route of reverse-engineering the designs.

I had a look in the FANE design book and these designs are not in there.

The smaller 2-way cabinets in my photo will also be re-configured to be bi-amplified. I have never been a fan of passive crossovers. I'm also fitting new fly gear and replacing all the hardware with better quality and more aesthetically pleasing items on all the units.

I would be interested in seeing the Eminence designs if possible, please?

Regards, William.

Edited by freelanceav - 19 April 2017 at 11:32am
Biggus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biggus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2017 at 11:46am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freelanceav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2017 at 12:31pm
Thank you, Biggus.

I also managed to get hold of the FANE book yesterday and agreed, they're not in there.

Like I said, I was given the designs 20 years ago by a contact from FANE, who is no longer with them. I will reach out to FANE and see if they are willing to help and/or have knowledge of these designs.

Looks like I may potentially have to reverse-engineer them.

Regards, William.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freelanceav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2017 at 12:44pm
Email sent to FANE UK. Will post an update if I receive anything of use.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>