Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fane scaled up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 3:42am
Originally posted by ennayess ennayess wrote:

deaf ears a fallin. im wantin to build a scoop, going in a bit blind. would above work? 
Chamber is on the large size and throat even smaller. Fane scaled up was meant to have subtle  mods.

Build it and let us know

Edited by mykey- - 04 February 2013 at 1:58pm
ennayess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ennayess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 10:14am
Smile

cheers for advice. so that '210' is too big?

what sort of gap should be between the driver and the inner baffle?

bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 1:26pm
10mm behind the drive should be fine. i.e. if driver is 100mm deep make the chamber 110mm deep from front of baffle...... this should be fine.....
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 1:42am
you could do the Fane from the plan thats already up and do your double baffle.

You can do what mods you want, no fuss to me. But making the chamber bigger will need a specific driver

Edited by mykey- - 04 February 2013 at 1:44am
ennayess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ennayess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 6:09am
I made the chamber bigger to use a Turbomax driver, as i read. I wasnt sure how much bigger i needed to make it. 
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 6:31am
Oh OK, well another way of getting round that is to open the throat up a bit and leave the chamber as is
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 6:32am
PM me the specs for the turbo max
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 7:46am
Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

Oh OK, well another way of getting round that is to open the throat up a bit and leave the chamber as is

Would be better to tell people to leave this scoop as is, and use Turbomax in COW scoop.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 1:19pm
have you heard them then? Someone recently told me how good the ones Saul sold. Are they loaded with turbomax now?
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

Would be better to tell people to leave this scoop as is, and use Turbomax in COW scoop.
yeah I would use a simple mod like playing with the throat EG the panel that is 450 try reducing it bit by bit to make the throat bigger, and if you take enough off the chamber will also get bigger. So no need to start playing with the original cab dimensions like the new chap has
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 1:55pm

So by taking 450 and reducing it to 425mm will give you a bigger chamber and throat without messing with anything else. This would give you the sound that most scoop lovers are looking for these days

70 litres minus driver 18'' = roughly 11 litres would leave 59 litres and a throat size of 849

Chamber and throat are close to Wattco scoop territory

Edited by mykey- - 04 February 2013 at 2:02pm
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 7:12pm
pluss one the bigger throat opening will give you less cone control but more low end...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>