Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fianlly got da sh*t

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fianlly got da sh*t
    Posted: 06 May 2006 at 10:44am
I finally got to buying the PH220's & the BMD450's to go with my pair of EV DL15X's. I Wanted to build a pair of X15's but decided not to go that way anymore. Theyre just to big. I'm going for a small 65l cabinet. Its basically the same as the JBL MS115. The size is perfect and they sound brilliant in those cabinets. I've swopped the woofers out allready. The crossover I'm going with is:

Lo - 1.6K @ 6dB
HI - 2.2K @ 12dB

Its nice and smooth. Sorts the 1.5K peak out on the 15" and the highs comes in nice.
Hugo Biermann View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2006 at 7:26am
Played around with the crossover last night. changed the points. Lo is now going out at about 1.8K, still at 6dB. Hi is coming in at about 2.4K at 18dB. Isnt this close to the x-over Rog designed? 
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2006 at 10:53am

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2006 at 10:43am
All da sh*t. Da xrossovers on da hi's are back to da 12dB @ 2.2K. Theres a dual bulb protection in da hi's too. Hope it works...

http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10005553yz.jpg
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2006 at 10:43am

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2006 at 3:50pm

Finally got the wood cut 2day. 18mm 11 Ply birch. Moer expensive. And the pannels for the sides were cut to big. Going to take it in for trimming 2moro. Been promising to get this far for about four years now. Those DLX's will probably just fall apart when I put an amp to them in the finished cabs.... 

I'll finish the cabs with black polyurethane. Dont know where I'll get a nice sheet of perforated steel for the grilles though. Timber??
SmokeyJoe View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmokeyJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 3:37pm
Markie will supply steel grilles for you, and he also has listings on eBay. Search "perforated steel".

I think he'll cut them for your perfect size and also have them powder coated in black.

- Joe.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 7:08pm
Howsit. The cabs are finished. Theyre nice and loud and the mids are nice and in your face. The cabs have quite a lot of balls for theyre size. Been playing them since yesterday. The neighbours are really f**ked off with me. Still trying to find someone that sells perforated steel here in cape town...

Heres some pics.

http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10008242gs3.jpg
First coat of Polyurethane

http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10008362ih8.jpg
The trusty old EP2500. On the baby fridge. Drives the cabs well enough to get the neighbours 3 houses down to complain.

http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10008392ca7.jpg
From the front. The 1 has been reconed before....

http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10008382do1.jpg
The backs. The routing was done without jigs. Just the guides in the straight pieces for the handles. The hats and terminals was with the free hand... Thats the amstels foult though, got brave after a few cold cans. Came out fine though. The poly hides the small f**kups....
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 7:14pm
Sorry

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2006 at 4:51pm
OK. Got my arse down to the sop to buy some isotherm fo put inside da box 2day. After that we connected them up in the warehouse next to the JBL cabs. Sounds totally different, in a good way. We compared them to the SRX715's and the old MS115's. All on the appropriate amps. All un-processed axcept for a 50Hz hi-pass. Theyre much louder than the JBL cabs and needs less EQ. Smoother than the JBL cabs and everyone thought they are easy on yr ears. & they still have that classic EV timbre... which I love very much.

Handles a clipping CA9 brilliantly...

Going to run them on da set of soundpower 218's tomorow. See how they keep up with "3.5Kw" of 18" rumble....
djstefanos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djstefanos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2006 at 5:18pm
wat kind of paint is that?
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 4:15pm
polyurethane pickup paint
 Post Reply Post Reply