Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fibre Glass MT121 Horns.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 12:34pm
maybe thats what it costs you, but going to a local company who deals with this kind of thing in bulk, is nice and cheap.

dont be immature over this, he is a clever guy! he is merely asking questions about your product, which you arnt making any effort to answer ... great business plan!
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 12:43pm
65 pound was bulk buy (trade) 5 years ago
and I was one of those local company's Mr Tango

if he was a clever guy why don't he supply all of us with his magic horn's, and we can all live happily ever after?
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 12:47pm
All I can say is... Your getting fleeced!

I had a,loong chat with a local fibreglass manufacturer... and it ain't that expensive! So yea.. I reckon I could, if I so wished, get a batch of a similer design made for around the £70 mark... (obviously the more I make the cheaper it gets)

Small bit's of bent metal don't cost £25... you can buy the HF horns on ebay.. for bugger all...

I'm not being a plank... I'm looking at the product and estimating the costs involved... which are not for off £70ish.. maybe a touch more.

You shouldn't be ashamed of making a profit.. or try to hide it.. that's why your in business... that's why I'm in business... not doing it for my health (that's for sure!)...

So... Still no answers to the (fairly basic) questions Mykey... your sales pitch NEEDS WORK! (little hint : don't be rude to potential customers!).
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 12:48pm
And yea.. that's me on a good hair day.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 12:59pm

i'll get dansound to give you a call, he's paying through the nose

and the bracket isn't a small piece of metal, you need to go and see the item in question to see what's involved

infact you can go and get one and take it to your guy and ask him if he can build it for 70 quid

I'm sure he will do an impression of the laughing policeman

if you guy's were my potential customer's, my food would be used soggy PG tip's T-bags left over from one of your commercial's

all jokes aside, if you can don't pay up front because i dont now how they can do it for that price
mine are 8mm thick plus 12mm ply wood reinforced
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:13pm
Ho Hum... Still no answers... suprise suprise! (why is it you do this EVERY time your selling something??).

If your potential customers arn't on this site...Who are your customers then mykey?  The market for home brew speaker cabs ain't that huge... (and it's not like your horns are used in any commecialy available cabs is  it?!?!) 

This has got to be one of the best places to promote your products... if you treat us like fools.. your a fool to yourself.

Get Dansound to call me.. I would be glad to help!

Anyways.. enough of this...can we get back to the topic... can anyone give me any clues on hornresp... I know i got some of the figures right.. but not all.. hints please!! (I am trying to learn the thing.. but it's not very user friendly).
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:20pm
250 million indonesian people
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:22pm

Still no answers.

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:24pm
you can't get away with it adambomb, you said you can get them made for 70 quid easy

that was your statement

danny's going to place an order with you magic man
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:24pm

ahh yes.. that well known speaker manufacturer "indonesian people"... should have known.. stupid me.

adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:25pm

I can.. waiting for the call!

discosucks View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 10:58am
any idea can these moulds still be got or is there alternative for some somewhere in the same price range? cant even find a web page for jan audio any more. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>