Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First DIY build - MTH-30

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batman385 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 6:50am
Could I get that file off you too, please ?
Thanks
hey_homes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hey_homes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 11:52am
I'd like the file too please. Cheers.
jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 11:57am
hey Loonie - what discrepancies would they be - I have downloaded a some free cutlist making software...
I have drawn the MTH-30 out and checked the measurements and have produced a cut list
didnt put the angles on as I can do this after as I have aquired a set of angled router bits from 5 degree upto 85 so can do most angles using that just the cutting that i dont like...
Sound, Light, Projection, Display, Cameras and production support
jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 11:58am
Loonie - what do you think of your MTH-30 how do's it perform...
loonie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 1:35pm
Sorry for the late reply, CoD took over last night.

Here is said file:

Apologies for not having the actual file, I must have deleted it for some stupid reason, I'll see if I can find it and upload it for all of you with all of my other CAD plans.

In response to how it sounds, I'm very happy, the bass is plenty enough for indoors, and as everyone says they do give an 18" a run for its money. Smaller rooms make it sound much better indeed, I use a Basys B3 to do my subs, but I'm unsure if their filters stop at 20/30/40hz, there is quite a bit of cone movement with the PD 12SB30, but it never sounds bad. There is also a slight bit of chuffing but that can't be helped because of the design of the driver.

All in all, I'm going to build 3 more as I have the drivers here, they're going to be great under my Void Mycro's as they're stupidly clear and the sub bass from the MTH is next to none. I'd highly recommend building one for DJ booth monitor subs, home cinema re-enforcement, or just for playing music through.

This is a serious cab, I just think I need more of them to keep a constant smile on my face, then again saying that, we used to think that the Void's at 50hz gave enough bass, this cab really does give the warmth and subby lows that you need for most types of music.

I don't know if you listen to much D'n'B or Old Skool, (I personally hate the stuff, but have a load of DJ's who play it here) But the MTH coped really well with only a JBL GT4 cab sub. The sub was much slower with the JBL as opposed to the PD, but she kept up well indeed. Its a shame I don't have all of my gear at home any more as I'd have done some plots for you.

Let me know if I've missed out anything LOL.
Team DB
JDCutta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDCutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 2:59am
Does anybody know how these would compare to a punisher horn?
jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 4:48am
these will run up a lot higher than a punisher (punisher is sub only wouldnt run them any higher than 70-90hz the MTH-30 can run up to around 140hz so an all in one bass solution -  but only at 500w, the punishers have the ciare 1kw driver so you can get a fair bit more out - not sure yet if I would use in a big rig - will find out when I get the 4 built and if I build 4 more...

I am looking at other drivers for this - there is a new B&C driver which might work bigger Xmax but Res is not as high...
JDCutta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDCutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 7:17am
Cool, keep us posted mate
jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 7:57am
will - do
been trying to find the driver that Danley use - have also found a dayton audio driver, but not available outside of US.

if you use a punisher you will need a kick bin above or a serious mid top running a couple of 15" at least or even the 4x12 that ASS Tony has produced.

also the Punishers have a better throw the 12" Tapped I wouldnt use over 20mtrs then you would need to go up in size
JDCutta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDCutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 8:28am
Originally posted by jamwa jamwa wrote:

will - do
been trying to find the driver that Danley use - have also found a dayton audio driver, but not available outside of US.

if you use a punisher you will need a kick bin above or a serious mid top running a couple of 15" at least or even the 4x12 that ASS Tony has produced.

also the Punishers have a better throw the 12" Tapped I wouldnt use over 20mtrs then you would need to go up in size

Thanks for that info. I'm actually looking for an all in one bass solution, and one that goes to 40Hz or lower... also one that uses an affordable driver. Initially I was looking at billfitzmaurice's Titan 48, but have been put off.

I've been looking at this, Pfly's Hybrid (plans aren't released) and the furybox tapped horn. 

Do you have any recommendations?

Cheers

Cutta
jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 8:45am
havent heard the others you have mentioned.
but I have heard the Danley stuff first hand as well as 1850's, punishers, USB's etc and this is the important bit.
they all do a certain job and do it very well. the MTH-30 has a role - and for the size the cost to build this is a great box. of you have a small gig and only need 1 (all in one bass) solution this is it. you can build the system up quite easily as well for one man gigs. I am even thinking about putting a HPF & LPF Filter on a switch in each unit so you can have top and sub running off each side of 1 amp - even your neighbourhood DJ Davieboy doubledecks can plug it up and make it work.
hey_homes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hey_homes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 10:24am
Originally posted by jamwa jamwa wrote:

DJ Davieboy doubledecks

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>