Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fixing/replacing LCD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fixing/replacing LCD
    Posted: 24 June 2019 at 5:14pm
Hi

I wonder if anyone can give advice on getting this working. It is display on a Sabine PowerQ ADF4000. I understand Sabine shut down several years ago.

there are several vertical lines as well as a horiznontal line (and maybe the top line of pixels missing too). there is also some damage on the far right of the display but this I can live with.

if i press the chip behind the main bunch of lines they all disappear

five chips on back. part number is TM24064B

the input connector is 20 pin. I guess it is approx 64*256 pixel

anys suggestions on repairing it. Should I try resoldering the chips?

or does anyone know where I can search for a replacement?

cheers
Phil
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 8:55pm
if you're lucky you might be able to remove the glass and clean the zebra strips but the cloudy bit at the end will get worse and nothing can be done. Isn't it a standard alphanumeric ascii display, using symbols to draw the faders? If it is, what's the resolution?
Kevin

North Staffordshire

APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 11:18pm
It’s a 240x64 pixels “graphics” display, hence TM24064B (TM 240 (x) 64B) on the pcb and looks similar to a Midas MC240064GD6W (the Midus is a modern black on white display).
The MC240064GD6W should go in with minimal modification… On the old display the contrast pot is connected between +5v (pin 3) and ground (pin 2) with its wiper going to pin 4 (Vo), however the Midus display requires the pot be wired between +5V (pin 3) and a negative voltage, this is derived by the display itself and is presented on pin 9 of the displays connector, this pin (pin 9) isn’t connected to anything on the old display. The wiper still connects to pin 4.

All other pins have the same functions.

The standard alphanumeric type displays can display a few custom characters (8 to be exact) by writing data to the CGRAM RAM, however these alphanumeric displays always have a 1 pixel gap around each 5x7 character.

The “graphics” displays don’t have these gaps as the display is treated as one large canvas with each character being 8x8 pixels and can be drawn anywhere on the canvas.

Edited by APW - 24 June 2019 at 11:24pm
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 11:40pm
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2019 at 9:21am

fantastic, thanks.
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2019 at 10:53pm
got the display working, thanks. also fixed the power switch. needs a new ground lift switch but works with it missing anyway. good buy at £33 Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply