Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Folded Horn/Bandpass 15" Design Pics.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARR_PG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2019 at 9:02pm
Ahh thanks mate. Ill keep that in mind. Still learning about hornsresp. Yeah the port is looking good. 

The hardest thing was 3D modelling the rear chamber to the correct volume. I used an alternative 3D Design app, it was tricky. 

Can anyone find the volume of an .obj (3Dmodel) file if I send it to them?  To double check. 

Cheers everyone for your comments. Appreciated :)

Next step is ordering the driver and building. Hopefully can get one in soon. 

ARR_PG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARR_PG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2019 at 10:43pm
Im gutted to say ive designed the cab for the Fane Sovereign Pro 15600 NOT the 15600LF. Which is designed for Low frequency PA cabinets. 

Gutted!  The specs I used are for the 2-way (with compression driver) enclosure type cabinets. 
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2019 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by ARR_PG ARR_PG wrote:

The hardest thing was 3D modelling the rear chamber to the correct volume. I used an alternative 3D Design app, it was tricky.

I'd strongly consider giving Fusion 360 a whirl for your CAD/CAM needs. If you are a no-commercial user or turn over less than $100k US per year it is free and another level.
ARR_PG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARR_PG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2019 at 11:37pm
Cheers. I'll check it out.

ARR_PG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARR_PG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2019 at 11:59pm
Had to post this.. Dont use BlueAran they got the descriptions mixed up. 

WRONG: BlueAran

Wrong description for the 15-600 above

RIGHT: Fane Website.

So the driver is perfect for the cab. 

mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2019 at 9:25am
Finding the perfect driver based on a 3 sentence description on a website, is like finding the perfect car based on a 3 sentence description on a website ;)

ARR_PG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARR_PG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2019 at 7:55pm
lol yeah.  Blue Aran have sorted it now so all is good.
ARR_PG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARR_PG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2019 at 3:54pm
Looking good, couple of us put it together in a couple days. Nearly done. Cant wait to test it. 

BP1Fanatic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BP1Fanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2019 at 9:54pm
Nice build! Any measurements?
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2019 at 7:01am
i'm confused;

show us the input param's for the new plot, how'd it magically jump 12db?
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2019 at 7:01am
sorry, 7db?
ARR_PG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARR_PG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2019 at 1:17am
It didnt have full power in it. I think it only had 1w of power. At full power it produces 128db.

The problem is the diaphram displacement. I have tweaked the design at can get a "fundamental frequency" of 40hz which allows the diaphram displacement to perform within the xmax.

Here is the original design's displacement graph

The driver's xmax is terrible. Only 6mm.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>