Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Folded Horn/Bandpass 15" Design Pics.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARR_PG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2019 at 10:42pm
Here is the displacement.  Xmax is 6mm :)

Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2019 at 8:30am
It is good to read you are willing to work with the design/loudspeaker than, scrap the whole idea.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
ARR_PG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARR_PG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2019 at 10:08pm
What's a "Second Order" Filter. It's not the same as a Butterworth Filter with an order of 2.

Hard to find an answer online. I assume I need a digital xover. 
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2019 at 10:53pm
A Butterworth filter with an order of 2 is indeed a second order filter, but it has a Q value of 0.707 rather than the 0.5 you modelled.
I don't think a Q of 0.5 matches any of the standard alignments like Butterworth, Bessell etc, so you might want to redo that model with one of the more common types selected instead.
Certainly, a DSP based crossover like the Behringer DCX2496 is the easiest way into trying out different filter types and alignments, though if you're really into DIY'ing electronics you can certainly build an analogue line level crossover yourself.
Rod Elliott (ESP) has a couple of good articles on this if you want to dig deeper:

HTH,
David.
ARR_PG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARR_PG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2019 at 11:43pm
I know logic gates in circuitry. Thats about it. Ill give it a read. Would be sweet to have an internal crossover inside the cab. 
ARR_PG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARR_PG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2019 at 12:27am
I can do a simulate a filter like this in Ableton Live. Just for the test.
ARR_PG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARR_PG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2019 at 4:41am
The cab sounds great! Chuffed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234