Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PKN H8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2018 at 2:47pm
Who you borrow them off Kyle? Was it that tenperature issue before the fix was widely known?
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2018 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by odc04r odc04r wrote:

Indeed so. Should have queried that for sure. You can also claim relief on duty when sending goods outside the EU for repair, although have not done it personally.

To be frank the amps were on loan from somebody and after they arrived in mid Feb and we finally heard back on the repair end of April it was a case of paying just to not have to think about it any more.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2018 at 10:49am
Indeed so. Should have queried that for sure. You can also claim relief on duty when sending goods outside the EU for repair, although have not done it personally.
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2018 at 6:36am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by freddymendez freddymendez wrote:

kyle: https://www.facebook.com/PKNaudio/videos/vb.208970079121713/1961820760503294/?type=2&theater

Link goes nowhere, but what I do see from yesterday is them offering to sell direct undercutting their own dealers’ prices

Mircea - three months. Also UK owners have to pay export duty and another set of import duty on top of shipping for repair. Well, they don’t but that’s what was invoiced for. Along with the repair cost despite the fault being from manufacture.

anyway I’m done. I’ll see the amp launched at the same conference as Half Life 3 yeah?

Both the UK and Hungary are still in the EU, so I call that bullshit.
There is no Duty inside the EU
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 10:40pm
You dont really want to hear my service experience with PKN. A nightmare that ended up costing me over 600 euros and 3 visits to the PKN service in Hungary to finally fix the amp.

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 8:04pm
PKN has dropped some -30% of their prices due much larger production volumes < and maybe cheap HUF against EURO? >...
I have never paid more than 50 EUROs for repair of my PKN amps, even which badly left in the rain.
Other guys can confirm, that PKN service not only quick but has *cheapest* factory repairs!
( I would not say how much paid for pair of K10 got 380V..) 10X the price of..

I already have some grainy pictures somewhere but next time I will well document around inside-outside a H8 once I visit their site..

Edited by U.Viktor - 31 July 2018 at 8:05pm
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

Imagine hyping an amp before it was available...

The irony is this unit was built, shown on a trade show, demonstrated working and then put on hold to be revised to add DSP - which proved unworkable in budget and time constraint so was shelved and that total timeframe was maybe one year tops. Again, anyone got a PHOTO of a working PKN 3PHASE? Surely they built even ONE UNIT over what, four years, tested it in the field? Got a rental house to do a report or give feedback?

That’s how you do pre release hype in a realistic manner. Or you shit can your project and go with a manufacturer who can deliver.

Mircea - a professional manufacturer does not post spec sheets and claim products are available on their site and trade shows and to their distribution chain and then go quiet when people try to place orders. You can make the best thing in the world but if you can’t deliver people go elsewhere. I like the XE6000, despite three out of four in my possession failing with some of the slowest and worst communication and service I’ve had, but not being able to meet a request for even a quote on dozens of units puts you off somewhat let alone promises of new bigger better that don’t come to fruition.

Did you hear much of anything before XTA APA, MC2 Delta, Linea 44 séries dropped?

Of course, welcome to prove me wrong, would love it in fact.

It might also surprise you which respected amp manufacturer is now using the very same Void prerelease tech with their existing DSP platform...

It was never Void technology, it was another attempted collaboration with an amp designer/manufacturer that went wrong....  I know exactly where that technology is now ;)

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 7:29pm
Maybe they blocked you because of your views Kyle :) sign out of FB and try again
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 7:21pm

kyle: https://www.facebook.com/PKNaudio/videos/vb.208970079121713/1961820760503294/?type=2&theater

Link goes nowhere, but what I do see from yesterday is them offering to sell direct undercutting their own dealers’ prices

Mircea - three months. Also UK owners have to pay export duty and another set of import duty on top of shipping for repair. Well, they don’t but that’s what was invoiced for. Along with the repair cost despite the fault being from manufacture.

anyway I’m done. I’ll see the amp launched at the same conference as Half Life 3 yeah?

Edited by toastyghost - 31 July 2018 at 7:23pm
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 7:12pm
I don't use it either but you can still see them without an account
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 7:03pm
i don't use it.. and i can see the video and comments just fine..
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 6:58pm

And for those of us that don't use stalkbook?
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>