Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PKN H8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2018 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by odc04r odc04r wrote:

Indeed so. Should have queried that for sure. You can also claim relief on duty when sending goods outside the EU for repair, although have not done it personally.

To be frank the amps were on loan from somebody and after they arrived in mid Feb and we finally heard back on the repair end of April it was a case of paying just to not have to think about it any more.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2018 at 2:47pm
Who you borrow them off Kyle? Was it that tenperature issue before the fix was widely known?
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2018 at 4:59pm
I would wait little bit until this crazy busy festival season ends, I know 2-3 companies much bigger and more capable than me. They are contracted already for H8 testing, also have wider range of speakers as well as large inventory of Lab Gruppen and Powersoft gears (for comparasion).

citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2018 at 12:56pm
Not sure if anyone has posted this in another thread yet but according to their website you can buy one now... http://www.pknaudio.com/H8_eng.html   3950 euro + VAT

Edit: Image on the page looks like a render so I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by citizensc - 24 August 2018 at 1:00pm
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2019 at 7:39pm
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 8:39am
Originally posted by freddymendez freddymendez wrote:

It has same form factor like XE series (not as deep for example Powersoft K10/20)
and 80A one phase mains connector :-D
Once you need more than let us say 1000Watts, it seriously beat anything you heard in sound quality (dynamics, resolution, headroom..) and not only on SUBs.
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 10:12am
External amplifiers are so last century.

Active speakers!

I'll get my coat...
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 11:40am
Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

Active speakers!

I'll get my coat...

Yes and No!

The amplifiers you found in most (if not ALL..) of Active speakers are much lower capable, poorly made, lack of performance than proper external amps. I do not want to dive into technical details but I have seen ZERO properly designed amps in active speakers, not even in the most expensive ones!

Another untold story is that internal electronics, even placed into well-designed acoustically isolated chamber (to prevent harm due vibrations) have much much lower reliability than external electronics!
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 12:22pm
You would say that, you sell external amplifiers.

*Puts on Flame Proof Suit*
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 2:35pm
There is a really sad trajectory that cheap and poorly designed active boxes driven by ~49EURO or less amplifiers inside sold expensively of course with "heavy processing & linearization"  I do not like it.
I do not want to mention any brands, but once you check their active boxes inside with some basic knowledge how electronics work.. you will see what i am speaking.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 6:30pm

Active speakers!

I'll get my coat...

Do we need a 'Sarcastic' emoji here??  Confused Smile Confused

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 11:10am
Originally posted by U.Viktor U.Viktor wrote:

Active speakers!

I'll get my coat...

Yes and No!

The amplifiers you found in most (if not ALL..) of Active speakers are much lower capable, poorly made, lack of performance than proper external amps. I do not want to dive into technical details but I have seen ZERO properly designed amps in active speakers, not even in the most expensive ones!

Another untold story is that internal electronics, even placed into well-designed acoustically isolated chamber (to prevent harm due vibrations) have much much lower reliability than external electronics!

So you’re saying the Hypex NCore is complete shit?

You’re absolutely hilarious.

Perhaps tell PKN HQ that they left the ‘amp error’ notice on their 3DS Max render of their latest amp.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>