Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PKN H8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2018 at 9:58pm
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by freddymendez freddymendez wrote:

come on Mr Papp send us a H8 :)

I don’t think you can send something that only exists on paper. Otherwise I’ll expect it alongside a 3phase too, yeah?

Pretty easy to make nice bar graphs in Excel. Not so easy to actually deliver products. Anybody other than Viktor claiming to have seen a working XE10000 let alone used one? Got any photos or video, Viktor?

PKN seems like Hungarian for ‘vapourware’ to me at this stage. Shame.

Edited by toastyghost - 30 July 2018 at 5:19pm
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 5:19pm
Someone get Pappy in here to set the record straight

U.Viktor if your boys have one get some pics!
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 5:53pm
Imagine hyping an amp before it was available...

valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 6:56pm
Clap
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 7:04pm
There is a difference in what there can be built and what can be sold in real life.

For a passionate amplifier developer there is no problem in designing new and exceptional designs. The problem is if they are feasible in real life.

The PKN 40K amp is a beast but maybe it doesn't have enough market share if built to be sold in order to make it economical.

I find myself in the same spot as them. I can phisically build systems with no compromise (Danley style) but the market is not big enough in my country to justify doing it. It's just not echonomical.

Everybody wants 4x21" subs but nobody is really prepared to pay the right money for them. And this is just an example.

I think PKN recycled the technology in order to make the H8 which is a simpler version of that 20K and 40K they had a few years back.
The H8 would prepare the market for the real high power beasts.

I am a dealer for PKN in Romania and I am am a big fan of them. I will surely get the H8 as soon as it will be available. I hope by the end of the year I will be able to get my hands around one of those. 

general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

I don’t think you can send something that only exists on paper. Otherwise I’ll expect it alongside a 3phase too, yeah?

Pretty easy to make nice bar graphs in Excel. Not so easy to actually deliver products. Anybody other than Viktor claiming to have seen a working XE10000 let alone used one? Got any photos or video, Viktor?

I am sure that there are folks here who have XE10000 experience too, not only me.

U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 8:20pm
Remove the cover of your amp, count the Capacitors x Voltage to obtain stored Energy.
That really means something! More energy on higher voltage is always better.
 You will be surprised how much larger packed amplifiers storing much smaller energy than PKNs!
But this pure simple physics, nothing more...
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2018 at 9:07pm
Can we see this H8 capacitor bank please?
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 12:45am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Can we see this H8 capacitor bank please?
In fact any pictures that are meaningful... 
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 1:50am
Originally posted by U.Viktor U.Viktor wrote:

Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

I am sure that there are folks here who have XE10000 experience too, not only me.

I see absolutely zero of them. Including Google and Facebook searches. I do however see more than zero people saying they ask for them and they don’t seem to exist or even get a reply. And even you fail to share anything of meaning beyond some text. So forgive me for being even more sceptical than usual.

In the meantime, do you want to buy some of my new sub design? It’s only six inches cubed but does 172dB at 10m from 10Hz to 300Hz whilst only being fed from the ambient air pressure. My friend’s dog’s mother said they demolished the next village over when he used them...
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 1:51am
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

Imagine hyping an amp before it was available...

The irony is this unit was built, shown on a trade show, demonstrated working and then put on hold to be revised to add DSP - which proved unworkable in budget and time constraint so was shelved and that total timeframe was maybe one year tops. Again, anyone got a PHOTO of a working PKN 3PHASE? Surely they built even ONE UNIT over what, four years, tested it in the field? Got a rental house to do a report or give feedback?

That’s how you do pre release hype in a realistic manner. Or you shit can your project and go with a manufacturer who can deliver.

Mircea - a professional manufacturer does not post spec sheets and claim products are available on their site and trade shows and to their distribution chain and then go quiet when people try to place orders. You can make the best thing in the world but if you can’t deliver people go elsewhere. I like the XE6000, despite three out of four in my possession failing with some of the slowest and worst communication and service I’ve had, but not being able to meet a request for even a quote on dozens of units puts you off somewhat let alone promises of new bigger better that don’t come to fruition.

Did you hear much of anything before XTA APA, MC2 Delta, Linea 44 séries dropped?

Of course, welcome to prove me wrong, would love it in fact.

It might also surprise you which respected amp manufacturer is now using the very same Void prerelease tech with their existing DSP platform...

Edited by toastyghost - 31 July 2018 at 2:02am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>