Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MT102 Build Pic's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MT102 Build Pic's
    Posted: 17 October 2017 at 10:40am
Hey so i recently built two MT102's from the designs on the front page. 

Noticed there was very little pictures info about them so thought i'd put up some! 

Really great sounding box and very easy build. I think I spent 1 day cutting and 1 day putting it together! 

Baffle hole cut and two braces attached 

Flare braces attached on 1 side 

Driver baffle fitted (tip leave screws in when gluing to prevent t-nut getting glue in them!) 

Flexi Ply glued & screwed 

Sides & Back Fitted 

FRONT VIEW

BACK VIEW 

If you have any questions regarding the build please let me know! 

Edited by chonkie - 17 October 2017 at 10:41am
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2017 at 9:24pm
Are you sure you weren't taking pictures when I built my old pair as I assembled mine in exactly the same way?! What are you loading them with? I only had cheap Fane Sovereigns in mine yet they still surprised me everytime I used them. They could be brutally loud and crystal clear at the same time, and the throw was daft. I don't know why they aren't more popular as they are very good cabs. Smile
T-Bone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T-Bone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 12:37am
I heard these on top of mid bass and 186's they sound pretty good for an old design crisp and loud on youtube. It would sound a lot better if it was infant of me. I have 4 Faital Pro 10PR300 neo's, was thinking of building these but my crowd size most of the time 250-300 I don't know if these will be overkill. I have reflex stuff now so I am inclined into building a pair too.Tongue
BASS, how low can you go!
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2017 at 8:12pm
Now I can make sense of the plans on the front page, just getting ready to build a set (once Ive finished parts collecting) 
subu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2024 at 6:40pm
greetings planning on doing two of tghese boxes ,if somebody could help me with the size of the flares on mt 102 ?

subu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2024 at 6:41pm
hey can you help me with the size of the flares ? 
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2024 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by subu subu wrote:

hey can you help me with the size of the flares ? 

Print or draw the plan, take a small lenght of sewing thread, lay it on top if the flare contour. From that you can calculate the lenght of the flare boards. 

Drawing the plan in 1:10 scale is the easiest. If you just print it, you will have to calculate the scaling factor based on the dimensions of the print.
 Post Reply Post Reply