Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bristol Clash - RC1 v Void by NPA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 9:59am
So you basically put out your reputation in a hand of a random drunk and drugged punters that know shit about good sound.

In my book losing or wining has absolutely no importance here. Neither will hurt Void as a brand nor it will help RC1 making any substantial business.
Dub and reggae is so small market that if you make it your main target, you better throw the money in to the toilet.

One sound system can have 100 of their friends there and literally pay them to yell as loud as they can.
Having crowd loudness as only criteria is a very moot point.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 10:01am
Do you have shares in Void Mr Guru? Been suspicious of your depth of knowledge for a while now? Name to face time? Your posts on this subject seem to be taken personally?

We'll done to both sides for bothering
It's everything, not everythink!
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 10:11am
Bloody hell, can someone point out where anyone said any rig sounded bad? It was entertainment, a bit of fun, boys with toys, kids with rigs. I enjoy the theatrics of a clash and as an honorary Mancunian the chance to make some piss take versions of my favourite tunes was taken

Nobody has come away from this saying that our rig was shit... in fact - the number of artists who were willing to big up a void sound by making a special plate without hesitation should be humbling. Did you ever think you’d hear Capleton shouting about the Mighty Incubus?

Edited by toastyghost - 25 December 2017 at 10:16am
Aman Gebru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman Gebru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 10:58am
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

Do you have shares in Void Mr Guru? Been suspicious of your depth of knowledge for a while now? Name to face time? Your posts on this subject seem to be taken personally?

We'll done to both sides for bothering

No, no vested interest in an particular company. I suppose I'm just interested in fairness in competition and the welfare of mankind.

I would be the first stand up and shout if RC1 went to an event and let themselves down badly. Just reflects on the whole industry really at a time where we are being forced to be divided.

I'm glad sound and audio are nothing more than a business for you Marjan. Don't ever get to love it.

MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Aman Gebru Aman Gebru wrote:

[QUOTE=nickyburnell]

I'm glad sound and audio are nothing more than a business for you Marjan. Don't ever get to love it.

It can not be a business if it is not a passion. Not this one.

The topic went in the business direction, hence my comment.
At the end of the day one system would win. Does that mean the other was bad?
Maybe Kyle wasnt completely ready for it, maybe that is as far as he was ready to go. 
Too many maybes and too little real regulations as to how you score a win. 
And as i have said before, win, lose, all the same as long as you had fun. 

I come from entirely different place on the planet that such gig will probably attract 12 punters in total at the podium. So...
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
Old king coles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old king coles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 11:41am
Tbh both sides were brilliant! Awesome night which everyone who attended enjoyed immensely
I personally preffered rc1 but more my vibes....no one lost it was an amazing experience

Big ups and blessings to all
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Old king coles Old king coles wrote:

Tbh both sides were brilliant! Awesome night which everyone who attended enjoyed immensely
I personally preffered rc1 but more my vibes....no one lost it was an amazing experience

Couldn't agree more buddy 😁
RC1 Sound System View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RC1 Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 12:13pm

Well said! In my opinion both rigs sounded excellent, and it was a very rare opportunity for both us and Neuron to do something a bit crazy. If you were there then you could have witnessed something incredible, if not then you could have no idea what you missed, so please don’t criticise Kyle. I suspect it’s likely few people on this forum will ever in their lifetime witnesses bassweight like we had last Friday, and I’m not only talking about our rig. If you weren’t there then you were the only losers!

Let’s just enjoy Christmas and look forward to 2018 whatever it may bring :-)
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 12:17pm
Tinnitus by the sounds of it.... lololo

A bit further North would be good next time..
In bass no one can hear you scream!
KingGwarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingGwarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 7:43pm
I heard it was judged based on a SPL reader....was that not fully the case?

Big big respect to both sounds for showing us all how excellently it can be done....big inspiration to myself and I'm sure many others. I love all the beef and drama and seeing sounds and mcs up in each other's faces but all fun and games! Community n unity....

Merry christmas rig heads and fwd with the next Bristol Sound Clash which I won't miss this time!

Edited by KingGwarn - 25 December 2017 at 7:46pm
Soundman inna Brighton town
King Gwarn Sound System
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by RC1 Sound System RC1 Sound System wrote:

Well said! In my opinion both rigs sounded excellent, and it was a very rare opportunity for both us and Neuron to do something a bit crazy. If you were there then you could have witnessed something incredible, if not then you could have no idea what you missed, so please don’t criticise Kyle. I suspect it’s likely few people on this forum will ever in their lifetime witnesses bassweight like we had last Friday, and I’m not only talking about our rig. If you weren’t there then you were the only losers!

Let’s just enjoy Christmas and look forward to 2018 whatever it may bring :-)

I was at Lakota ‘that night’ with Brian so I know what Kyle is capable of, gutted I missed it all John. We had our floats parked behind one of yours this year at carnival and as usual it didn’t disappoint.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2017 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by KingGwarn KingGwarn wrote:

I heard it was judged based on a SPL reader....was that not fully the case?

Big big respect to both sounds for showing us all how excellently it can be done....big inspiration to myself and I'm sure many others. I love all the beef and drama and seeing sounds and mcs up in each other's faces but all fun and games! Community n unity....

Merry christmas rig heads and fwd with the next Bristol Sound Clash which I won't miss this time!

SPL reader of the crowd noise, not the rig SPL.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>