Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This has to be the best yet.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 7:15am
Originally posted by Conanski Conanski wrote:

Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Video of Dave Lee, aka Joey Negro using a similar hifi stack,

Or not. Did anyone else notice that the mixer he is fondling doesn't even appear to be powered on. No signal level meters registering at all throughout his set, he's pulling a milli vanilli.

Not quite so.  After you pointed it out I was suspicious myself so jumped back and forth thru the (nearly) two hours of it and can see in several places that the mixer and decks are live.

At 1:46:11 you can clearly see that the cue button for channel 2 is lit and you can also see (blue panel L nearest the camera) that the Flanger has been set.

Edited by BJtheDJ - 17 November 2017 at 7:15am
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 10:44am
I think ol' Disco Dave is enough of a veteran not to have to mime a set. Although you do hear stories (not him specifically)
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by BJtheDJ BJtheDJ wrote:

Originally posted by Conanski Conanski wrote:

Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Video of Dave Lee, aka Joey Negro using a similar hifi stack,

Or not. Did anyone else notice that the mixer he is fondling doesn't even appear to be powered on. No signal level meters registering at all throughout his set, he's pulling a milli vanilli.

Not quite so.  After you pointed it out I was suspicious myself so jumped back and forth thru the (nearly) two hours of it and can see in several places that the mixer and decks are live.

At 1:46:11 you can clearly see that the cue button for channel 2 is lit and you can also see (blue panel L nearest the camera) that the Flanger has been set.

Yeah I thought I saw a few buttons illuminated here and there but still no signal levels present, no way any big name DJ/Producer would not light up those meters like a christmas tree if he was actually playing something. I say the set was canned and played back from FOH and he was just making an "appearance".
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 10:27pm
It's very hard to see any lights on those mixers on sunny days.
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2017 at 3:18am
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

+1
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2017 at 3:18am
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

That wasn't one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123