Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Budget 18s in gsub?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 8:37am
1) fine then let's work with what you have

2) you demonstrate here exactly what I've said.

Hemisphere was telling you that 1 better driver may be louder than 2 of the cheap ones fed with the same amp power. But lets leave that now and deal with just the rockvilles.

3) in bass reflex the speaker doesn't care much what shape the cab is, only what the volume is and what its tuned to (so box volume and its relative port attributes.)

So you can change the shape how you like as long as you keep the volume the same.

This is why winisd is so good. You work out the info you need and then go design your cab.

I dont have time to look at it until the weekend but if you still need some help with it then I'll see if i can get you a tuning that might suit.

Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 8:41am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Quote Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others

I'll grant you I've been a bit of a dick in this thread and a snob with regards to the Rockville drivers which certainly won't be as bad as some here imagine them to be, but you're attributing a lot of malice to me which simply isn't there, and at the same time completely failing to listen to or understand the merits of any suggestions which are made, and then misrepresenting them completely in order to strengthen your own bias towards the choice you've already made.

You can bang on about your 'requirements' til the cows come home, but it would benefit you to consider that others (God knows why) have actually taken the time to try and understand your requirements, not only because you've stated them very explicitly, but also because understanding and meeting those requirements becomes easier when you have a greater understanding of the science involved, which many posting here do.

Just to make sure I've understood the requirements correctly: You want a lot of bass, that you can feel, spread out over a wide area, you want it to be visually imposing, you want everyone to be able to dance in front of the subs, you can't exceed 3200w amp power, you don't want to spend more than about $1000 total, and you don't care if it's a dB or two less loud so long as you've got all that. 

About the only thing that will prevent you from making a better decision by using less drivers is the $1000 budget requirement, which is why I got into some depth about the economics of quality. A budget of $1500 for 4 single 18 enclosures (which offers a very flexible range of options) will match your requirements far better than that. Literally the only option on the planet if $1000 is your budget limit and you want 4 double 18 bins, is the $60 Rockville drivers (considering your location and shipping costs etc, and that for $59.95 on paper they seem alright compared to what you'd expect), and you have the gall to suggest it's us who are making religious prescriptions of permissible drivers!

If you read through this thread you'll find an ocean of suggestions of all sorts from 99 Euro MGR budgets to $400 premium B&C and RCF drivers, about a half dozen different cabinet format and arrangement suggestions accounting for your specific requirements and taking onboard your feedback.

Your requirements to keep your amp and gennie limits static are being respected and worked with. The only thing that you're not going to get on a thread that specifically asks for suggestions of alternatives in the first post, and makes clear that the choice of enclosure to build hasn't even been made yet in the second, is a row of posts lining up to say "good decision on the Rockvilles man! You sure spotted a bargain there!"

That's a signal you've already got playing strong enough in your own head, you don't need it to be reinforced any further.

Edited by Hemisphere - 29 November 2017 at 9:05am
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
saintzoilus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintzoilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Hemisphere Hemisphere wrote:

I'll grant you I've been a bit of a dick in this thread and a snob with regards to the Rockville drivers which certainly won't be as bad as some here imagine them to be, but you're attributing a lot of malice to me which simply isn't there..

We're on page ten.

TEN without a SINGLE meaningful post from you, yet you've posted multiple times, per page.

This is hijacking the thread and derailing it from its goal.

But you don't care, why am I even replying to you,

Edited by jbl_man - 29 November 2017 at 8:59am
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 8:56am
Originally posted by saintzoilus saintzoilus wrote:

TEN without a SINGLE meaningful post from you, yet you've posted multiple times, per page.

This is blatent rubbish. Your inability to understand a post doesnt mean it's not meaningful.

The fact you managed to go ten pages without getting the point despite multiple attempts is more revealing

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 8:58am
Saintzoilus stop emailing me complaining about people trying to help you,the advice they give is free,people give a lot of their time to help,if you dont agree with the responses or answers given,then feel free to use another forum.

Be seeing you.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 9:09am
I suggest that you put more effort in understanding winISD.
Not always you can just start with something, and expect it to work correct immediately.
You need knowledge to support the things winISD gives you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintzoilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 9:10am
Originally posted by JonB67 JonB67 wrote:

This is blatent rubbish. Your inability to understand a post doesnt mean it's not meaningful.

The fact you managed to go ten pages without getting the point despite multiple attempts is more revealing

Your opinion is rubbish.

Cuz I don't agree with you guys doesn't mean I don't understand.

But cuz I don't throw away drivers I already own and an amp I already own in order to buy new drivers, new amp and a new genny to power them, I must be retarded?

Get outa here with this bullshit.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintzoilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 9:13am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Saintzoilus stop emailing me complaining about people trying to help you,the advice they give is free,people give a lot of their time to help,if you dont agree with the responses or answers given,then feel free to use another forum.

So theres no rules on this forums then about person attacks, hijacking threads or derailing threads?

Why even have forum mods? I mean what is your job here if there is no rules on these forums and personal attacks are okay? Like I cannot count the amount of times now that I've been told I don't understand for not agreeing with them and selling my gear in favor of their suggestions. How is this constructive or helping the subject at all?
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 9:19am
Being repeatedly told you don't understand isn't a personal attack. Its a great indicator for a high probability that you dont understand and rereading and some thought is required.

Edited by JonB67 - 29 November 2017 at 9:20am
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 9:26am

Your opinion is rubbish.

Get outa here with this bullshit.

See, this is a personal attack. Its quite different.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 9:29am
Warning saintzoilus. Another post like that and you will be permantly banned.
Be seeing you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintzoilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 9:29am
Originally posted by JonB67 JonB67 wrote:

Being repeatedly told you don't understand isn't a personal attack. Its a great indicator for a high probability that you dont understand and rereading and some thought is required.

Again I don't agree with you.

Does that mean I don't understand what your saying? No.

You guys can tell me all day that I don't understand, will that magically sap the knowledge from my brain? No it won't.

Your logic is faulty at best, I can disagree with you, while understanding what your talking about, at the same time.

Is this thread talking about best sub at any price?

No.

The thread is called BUDGET 18's in gsub, but you guys are too thick to stay on subject.

Like shit if a few grand is nothing to you guys, why are you not suggesting a 40 inch m-force from power soft? Why won't you address the 40 inch driver as being better since we're talking about ALL THE OPTIONS FOR EVERYONES BENEFIT HERE why not demand everybody buys a 40 inch driver then since its obviously better for your guests then the budget $300 drivers you guys are suggesting and it eats more power.

I mean unlimited money and unlimited power, why are you not suggesting m-force its obviously the best thing out there? Why limit yourself to 18s? Why even limit yourself to 1k watts?

This is all I'm hearing from you guys is this same old tire arguement as if I don't know they are better.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>