Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Budget 18s in gsub?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintzoilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 9:30am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Warning saintzoilus. Another post like that and you will be permantly banned.

??

So there IS rules?

Can you link me to these rules so I can actually know whats going on?

Seems okay that they insult me but when I reply its not? I'm confused and your not helping the matter any even tho I've directly messaged you requesting help and advise.

Edited by saintzoilus - 29 November 2017 at 9:31am
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 9:31am
"you guys are too thick to stay on subject."

Thank you for your kind remarks,and goodbye.
Be seeing you.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 9:33am
he was very excitable wasn't he.
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 9:35am
I think he just really, really likes Rockville drivers.
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 9:57am
ah dude. spend the time with winisd rather than arguing on forums. then build some boxes.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 10:02am
honestly, you've been the rude person on here. and like, the moderator already essentially asked you to leave, and you have just re-registered.

now you are meeting the definition of a troll.

seriously, go build some speakers, come back and discuss them, and we'll all happily join in.
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 10:14am
Mods! Mods! He's harassing me with the laughing face emoticon!!

You're right though. I am interested in the Rockville drivers. It's very interesting to consider if they can ever represent good value for money for people in your exact circumstance, and I'm willing to take your anecdotal reports about their quality at face value - it really wouldn't surprise me if they're alright for the money, and as there are a lot of drivers like this popping up at the moment it's something useful to understand.

There was a time not so long ago when any 18" driver for this price would be completely unusable trash. A lot of people still think this way, and the vast majority of drivers in that price bracket still are complete trash.

lf that's no longer true then it's good to establish that, but that doesn't mean they don't still represent a false economy for professional applications. 

It's not pure snobbery against a budget brand. Low quality woofers just aren't sensible as part of a large professional system, and the best possible way to highlight this is to compare them 2 for 1 with a quality component.

That meets the requirement of 'budget', (which surely in context just means "can I afford it/does it represent good value for money for me") it just doesn't qualify as a 'budget woofer' anymore, but why are you so hung up on using budget woofers in the first place? At the end of the day what matters is the output of the rig, accounting for sound pressure, frequency extension, sound quality, and whether you can afford to buy it. Price per woofer is a completely irrelevant consideration.
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 10:17am
Yes we should remember what this thread was actually asking for.  Budget drivers for gsub, which has been answered I think.  MGR, Thomann and those Rockwille.. things.  There are many many options starting fron under $100 ending up to $1000 drivers. 

Anyway few facts:
-Cheap drivers will certainly make bass. Even pretty good amount of SPL in correct enclosure and settings. But these drivers are mostly suitable only for bass reflex which is not the most efficient enclosure type.

-2 x $100 drivers in big bass reflex is propably not as loud as $250 driver in horn/TH or some other more efficient (and even more compact) design. Lack of punch because of weak motors. 

-For someone 2x18 might look better/cooler than 1x18.. who knows

Feel free for different options rather than sticking with one. Think what you really want and go for that way.

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 10:18am
"Why do I gota buy new drivers for you if I already own these ones?"

What I said before. You aren´t looking for advice, rather affirmation of an already held opinion. And too lazy to even try learn a new tool that would help you design a better cab for  those shite drivers!   LOL

And for your information, I actually do use relatively low power drivers in my bass bins - JBL 2241´s and (the old) P-Audio P-18N´s, no problem - other than these are well made drivers that cost more than 50€.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 11:12am
Why aren't you doing it then?
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 11:36am
Originally posted by saintzoilus saintzoilus wrote:

??

So there IS rules?

Can you link me to these rules so I can actually know whats going on?

No.
Be seeing you.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 11:42am
Originally posted by saintzoilus saintzoilus wrote:

I'm confused and your not helping the matter any even tho I've directly messaged you requesting help and advise.

There is a difference between people giving you advice that you chose to ignore,and your response  insulting them as their opinions differ from your own blinkered vision of what you think is correct.

Im not here to defend you against constructive criticism.

You have been banned for abuse,if you attempt to rejoin,you will be immediately banned again.

Be seeing you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>