Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feedback issues at loud volume with full bass

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feedback issues at loud volume with full bass
    Posted: 22 November 2017 at 9:36pm
Having vinyl feedback issues at loud volume with bass. When i turn the bass up full throuh mixers eq horrible feedback sounds. At low volumes i can turn bass up full there is no feedback issues. Could it be seperate equaliser i am running causing the feedback at loud volume . Is signal to from equaliser along with equaliser on mixer sending the bass too strong? Is mainly when i turn bass up full there is feedback sound. How do i eliminate this feedback. What could be cause of Feedback? Turntable is grounded etc

Edited by JAH - 22 November 2017 at 9:48pm
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 9:51pm
You need to physically isolate the turntable.
JAH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 11:39pm
What would be best way to do this?
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 11:58pm
I refer you back to our discussion on the physics of decks in previous thread. Hollow plastic deck will feed back no matter what isolation you choose (big block of foam on a large paving slabs). Look at YouTube video of Soundsystem that use a deck.
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 7:23am
Lots of diy ways to do it, but if you're lazy Tony ASS makes deck isolators for not much money. Tony Rossel on Facebook.
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 8:46am
Half a tennis ball stuck to each corner of a paving slab works well.
funkyparrot View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkyparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 9:36am
My first question is, Are you referring to turning bass control to full boost? This increases the level of lower frequencies to an artificially high level, and will, in itself induce feedback at high volumes. That would be extremely difficult to isolate.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 5:46pm
We're talking reggae/dub Soundsystem here, bass boost goes with the territory. A light plastic deck will succumb to feedback even when using tennis ball and elastic bands. The ball trick works with 1210 as the weight of the deck is more substantial.
To test drive any isolation method, try putting the deck on a bass cab so you get a feeling of how/what frequency reacts with the deck. Some is plynth born, some is arm born etc. Bass feedback can be notorious to get rid of.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by boots-hifi boots-hifi wrote:

+ 1
funkyparrot View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkyparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by valve head777 valve head777 wrote:

We're talking reggae/dub Soundsystem here, bass boost goes with the territory. 
The recordings are bass heavy, anyway. If you're running on a system with a good bottom end (I've got two x twin 18s and 4 x 15" horned units) you don't need to use bass boost, just increase the volume.
JAH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2017 at 12:20am
Is sl1200mk2 with audio technica cartridge stylus at95e i think . Mostly seems to have gotten lot better since I moved turntable away from speaker will try more isolation. The stylus is also a microphone so can pick up even slightest vibration. Feedback was horrible . Would concrete tile be okay if i can find one size of turntable saw this on youtube. Problem is only when I max full bass with high volume.

Edited by JAH - 24 November 2017 at 12:24am
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2017 at 2:00am
Originally posted by boots-hifi boots-hifi wrote:

Squash balls as well, and not so obtrusive.
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>