Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X12 passive crossover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobbyist2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X12 passive crossover
    Posted: 29 November 2004 at 7:31pm

Hi,

Construction is almost complete on my first X12. I just have some questions on the crossover. Does anyone have the parameters for the passive builtin design?

Jogge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jogge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 12:29pm
Hello,

I tried contacting Pro Audio Parts by e-mail for more information about the X12 crossover (release date etc.) but got no reply.

Perhaps the Eminence 'pxb2:1k6' crossover is an alternative : http://editweb.iglou.com/eminence/eminence/pages/products02/ hf/crossover.htm

regards,
Jochen
Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.
whitehousejamie View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 12:46pm

I would run the system active. You want to be putting around 700 to 800watts into each cab, and not many passive crossovers can handle this.

Jogge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jogge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 12:57pm
true,
the eminence crossover is rated at 400WRMS

I want to integrate a passive crossover in the cab an put a switch on the back so that a can run them active or passive depending on the size of the venue.
But I do ofcourse have to find a suitable crossover ...

regards,
jochen

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.
 Post Reply Post Reply