Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RC1 new active speakers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2017 at 5:34pm
As in your example above, if Rcf, 18 sound etc was used and disclosed, as a buyer I will have some sort of surety that you are using quality components. Obviously processing, cross over will be your "secret touch" to make your product better than your competitors and make me as a consumer purchase your product as opposed to someone else. Promoting your product by letting customers know the secret to the brilliant sound on your cabs are on the processing will make a potential client one step closer to purchasing your product as he will know that there is no skytek drivers in the cab as in the case of Ev zlx series.
Personally I would like to know that I am spending my money on quality components and then paying a premium for the expertise, knowledge and experience that you and Jon have in getting the cab to sound great which the lay man does not have.
I will give you a good tip in marketing " sell the sizzle, not the steak". I am not out to bash you or the product as I love sound and have no doubt you know what you doing.
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2017 at 6:20pm
If you ring up a pro audio manufacturer, I’ll bet the majority don’t tell you what’s in the box.
FBT are very proud of their association with B&C, but you ask d&b what their boxes are loaded with and they’ll laugh and skirt around the question - same with Nexo, L’acoustics, etc. Coda will possibly tell you BMS, I guess... Martin may mention B&C, but it’s not all of their products.
Mainly because they want you to buy their spares. But other reasons include changing suppliers halfway through product lifespans, or drivers being OEM spec so knowing the manufacturer is a bit futile.
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2017 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by RC1 Sound System RC1 Sound System wrote:

I am happy to be totally transparent with people buying our speakers regarding all the components.

Than tell us
dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2017 at 6:36pm
Dose it really matter whats inside as long as they preform as intended.

Do one really know whats in Mcdonalds, YET people think it tastes good and keep consuming.

(dont think this point could be iterated many more ways on this thread LOL)

Would love to hear the boxes Jon.
In the Truth there is no news, and in the News there is no truth
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2017 at 6:56pm

secret ingredient inside to make them loud and proud Big smile
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2017 at 7:22pm
it really makes absolutely no difference if you know the make of driver or not.

It will only give miss conceptions by biased views.

Go and listen.

If I go to a gig, my first thought is either that sounds good or bloody hell thats crap. Not I wonder what drivers are in them.

If the sound is to your liking it makes no difference if it is a fiver from China or silly money from F1.

Edited by midas - 28 December 2017 at 7:22pm
In bass no one can hear you scream!
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2017 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by jammin75 jammin75 wrote:

secret ingredient inside to make them loud and proud Big smile
"No need to add any other spices"

So no adding chilli? Right...
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
chunkydj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chunkydj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2017 at 7:30pm
57KG isn't an issue for an active box.... D&B C7 top is a 52kg top - passive! 
C7 sub is 49kg..... 

Roll on pricing announcement - id be very interested. 
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2017 at 7:42pm
Dylan - I see you rate RC1 right up there with Nexo , Martin etc. Good for you.. keep it up. If you don't know why I made this comment go back and read your tread. I'll give you a clue ( established brand charging a premium price vs a non established brand charging a premium price.

Midas -If I am just out to listen then you are right, who cares what's in the box but if I am investing in a product and I am not talking pennies here I damn well sure I want to know what's inside from a non established brand.

Please note I did not say and am not implying that the non established brand is any inferior of a product to an established brand. Probably it's better than the established brand in many ways.

Dlyxover - McDonald's have a legal right and obligation to inform people what they use in their meals. It's people who choose not to ask the questions. Believe you me, if you only know what goes into making a patty in their burgers, you will not eat it ever again

Rish

Edited by rish - 28 December 2017 at 7:47pm
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2017 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by rish rish wrote:

As in your example above, if Rcf, 18 sound etc was used and disclosed, as a buyer I will have some sort of surety that you are using quality components. Obviously processing, cross over will be your "secret touch" to make your product better than your competitors and make me as a consumer purchase your product as opposed to someone else. Promoting your product by letting customers know the secret to the brilliant sound on your cabs are on the processing will make a potential client one step closer to purchasing your product as he will know that there is no skytek drivers in the cab as in the case of Ev zlx series.
Personally I would like to know that I am spending my money on quality components and then paying a premium for the expertise, knowledge and experience that you and Jon have in getting the cab to sound great which the lay man does not have.
I will give you a good tip in marketing " sell the sizzle, not the steak". I am not out to bash you or the product as I love sound and have no doubt you know what you doing.

Again, i have seen and heard too many bad sounding boxes full with BC, BMS, Faital... you name it.
I chose RCF in my example because to me most of the RCF boxes sound like crap, but their components shine in other manufacturers boxes.
If the box performs as advertised, that is the only thing that should mater.
What we use is no secret, i believe that most of the forum members know me very well since i am here for about 15 years now. Jon is also someone that is very well known to the people here and making a shit and unreliable product and sell it to anyone is basically a suicide. 
Give me a random Chinese components and ill make you a box that will sound better then 70% of the top European drivers inside boxes. So again, its not whats inside but how it is all done as a whole product.

Edited by MarjanM - 28 December 2017 at 7:52pm
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
RC1 Sound System View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RC1 Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2017 at 8:26pm
Quite a lot of people are inquiring about pricing. List price is £3,000 + vat per box.

That appears to be good value against other pro audio speakers, many of which these would significantly outperform, plus with these speakers the amps and processing are included as well.

The speakers, including all electronics, etc, are hand built out of top quality components in the UK, using no cheap imported parts from Asia. As a result they are expensive products to build, but you get what you pay for. They were designed to perform regardless of cost, and no compromises have been made there.

Of course they will come with a warranty, and I am aware my reputation fully depends on their reliability and our response should a problem ever develop. All the components will be kept in stock on the shelf at our workshops in Dorset, so there’s nothing that cannot be repaired promptly, plus we will keep some of the system in our hire stock too in order to assist our customers whenever needed.

If anyone is interested in a demo, or discussing the possibility of purchasing, then please drop me a message.
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2017 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Again, i have seen and heard too many bad sounding boxes full with BC, BMS, Faital... you name it.
I chose RCF in my example because to me most of the RCF boxes sound like crap, but their components shine in other manufacturers boxes.
If the box performs as advertised, that is the only thing that should mater.
What we use is no secret, i believe that most of the forum members know me very well since i am here for about 15 years now. Jon is also someone that is very well known to the people here and making a shit and unreliable product and sell it to anyone is basically a suicide. 
Give me a random Chinese components and ill make you a box that will sound better then 70% of the top European drivers inside boxes. So again, its not whats inside but how it is all done as a whole product.
Clap
Also agree on RCF. Old kit, Event era sounded lovely to my ears, but the modern stuff is a bit like cheap EV of today. Got a suspicion the manufacturing might not be in Italy too? 
It's everything, not everythink!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>