Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Schematic / Manual Vestax PVC275

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Schematic / Manual Vestax PVC275
    Posted: 08 January 2018 at 9:12pm
My DJ mixer died a death last year and a mate has offered me a partially working Vestax PCV-275 which sounds great but it needs a bit of love.

Anyone got any experience with these or a manual and schematic? I can find other models but that one dosen't seem to be available online.

I thought that maybe this could be a nice unit to experiment with different opamps once I get it back to working. I'm also interested if anyone has any experience with doing mods like this as the DIYaudio guys seem to think that some of these are night and day improvements over the comsumer grade ones commonly found in mixers.

Many thanks.
Don't test the champignon sound
dj jammin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 9:20pm
check the connectors! these vestax pcv are really low quality.. you see a lot with the input/output phono jacks having the outer ring or ground part ripped off by a phono cable.. would aim for something better.. probs not worth mending..
Reverence Sound system

Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 9:34pm
Yeah, I did that to the PCV-170 I had in about 2001. I've got a whole load of spares from the dead mixer though so if it's that then that's the first neck-bolt for the frankenmixer lol.
Hz so good View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hz so good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2018 at 10:44am
what's up with it exactly, I've got same mixer, got it off ebay spares or repair, mine had some rings missing from the phono jacks so I pulled em off the sub jacks worked fine, I then had trouble with the 6mm jacks one of my monitors would be quieter than the other, tried everything different cables even cables to decks, took it apart and there's a small board under the channel faders when I pressed it the sound would come back as if a connection was faulty, took it to a local place that repairs TVs and sky boxes, they had it apart couldn't find anything wrong with it an said it worked fine, so they didn't charge for anything, and it still works fine now, I looked all over the Internet for a schematic to see what was causing the problem, all I could download was the standard manual and a schematic for a pcv 170, which didn't help,  
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2018 at 12:43pm
The problem is a high noise floor. High frequency artefacts which are especially noticeable on the monitor headphones.

I opened it up for visual inspection and noticed that the power supply caps had let the magic out. Replaced the 2 2200uF ones in the supply today and it still turns on (yay, I didn't kill it at least!). Sadly, the noise persists on the monitor. Haven't got around to checking if the noise on the 2 crossfader channels is still present also; just been running through the sub channel.

I've a sneaking suspicion that I'm gonna have to just work through all the boards and recap the whole thing unless someone else has a bright idea. Maybe theres a standard place of where to look upstream of a powersupply that's had the caps go pop?

On the plus side. Although many folk seem to diss whats inside a vestax all the original caps were quite nice Elnas.

As always, any help greatly appreciated and if someone should happen to have the schematic then that'd be very handy indeed.
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2018 at 10:34am
Thanks to member sunpro I have the service manual now. Cheers for that Handshake
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2018 at 6:46pm
Got the little bugger on the scope today. Seems pretty nice. No problems at all.

Took it home. Ran just headphones, no problems.

Plugged it into my ultradrive...  ...HF noise present again. I went rooting and turned up my horns; it's present without the mixer.

So in all, my ultradrive is putting HF noise out of the inputs and the outputs. I think this vestax story is wrapped up for now!

Is this the famous 'frying eggs' ultradrive thing? Anyway, it's probably time to just start another topic. Thanks to all those who have helped or offered advice.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2018 at 9:22pm
Sounds like it very much could be. Had it once before. Check all ribbon cables and board-board connector seatings for a start in the Berry. Good luck!
dbizaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbizaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 7:20pm
HI do you still have this service manual or schematic 

i have a mixer not powering and possibly has other issues - nights what i have been told

Thanks anyone that can help

Dan
Meat Substitute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Substitute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 11:08pm
Yes, I've still got all the docs I collected for the PCV-275.

Can't get into my old account so I won't be able to send/recieve PMs until I've got 10 posts. If you put up your email I can send what I've got.
Meat Substitute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Substitute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 11:14pm
Also, the mixer is still running after all the tinkering 2 years ago. Wish I had more opportunity to use it myself but hey it was fun using it to mix at parties on in the beforetimes!

Remember parties with lots of people and dancing? Them were the days.
dbizaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbizaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 12:26am
HI 

thanks that would be great once i have i will delete this message 

dan@itsaliveltd.com

i do remember parties and working in clubs and festivals. stay safe

thanks 

dan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>