Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Looking for long throw box for B&C SW115 & 18NW100
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for long throw box for B&C SW115 & 18NW100

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for long throw box for B&C SW115 & 18NW100
    Posted: 09 January 2018 at 5:09pm
Looking for long throw box for B&C SW115 AND B&C NW100. I heard that scoops may be my best option. But which scoop would this great sub be best suited for?

WAS considering the following also:

1)  Cubo - but I read it does not throw far as compared to scoop.
2) Keystone - Read it does not throw far also
3) OT horn - goes too low, I nee strong 55hz-90hz bass
4) Normal reflex - does not throw far.

Any other ideas?

Edited by sirck50 - 10 January 2018 at 12:33pm
Hello!!!
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2018 at 5:39pm
Cyclops maybe if you dont wanna go full front loaded horn.
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2018 at 6:19pm
Hog scoops
sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2018 at 6:40pm
@ Sypa: Cyclops throw far? Sure?

@ sn95: Also, I thought the HOG scoops had an issue with the B&C SW115 magnet touching the inside baffle?
Hello!!!
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2018 at 7:21pm
What is the application? 
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2018 at 7:31pm
No way
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2018 at 9:26pm
stack of 4 keystones should "throw" quite ok within passband and suit typical soca/dancehall requirements well in therms of tuning/tonality?

Skhorn with 21ds115s seems interesting if you need max spl to size ratio  :)

WessexAudioMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WessexAudioMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2018 at 10:15pm
Ive had good results with cubo 18 loaded with 18 sound 18lw2400 outdoors for 600-800 people, had 8 of them, 4x tms3 for tops... could of done with more top if im honest. Didnt chuck it as far as a horn loaded cab but was very impressed with the throw, much better than a reflex... for the money, ease of build, output ive not found anything else as good. Found reflex sounded better indoors tho, cubos were hit and miss with room acoustics. 

sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2018 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by bass*en*mass bass*en*mass wrote:

stack of 4 keystones should "throw" quite ok within passband and suit typical soca/dancehall requirements well in therms of tuning/tonality?

Skhorn with 21ds115s seems interesting if you need max spl to size ratio  :)

×1 on the SKhorn
sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2018 at 12:11pm
GUYS!!!! I edited the top post to include the B&C 18NW100
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

What is the application? 
I live in Trinidad in the Caribbean. We have an immense mix of culture and music here and also very different venue locations. I do both outdoor and indoor events, and play Soca, Chutny, dancehall, hiphop, techno, and East Indian film music primarily.

I have the following, but not overly happy with them:
1) A pair of JBL PRX718 subs - I find they play too low with not enough kick. I tried to EQ it but not happy with the sound still. They work ok indoors, does not throw far outdoors.
2) A pair of DAS Action118 - this sub is similar to the Yorkville LS801P. They are louder than the JBL, but huge and heavy! I find they play kinda low too, but I honestly feel there is a sub out there that's smaller than this, that is louder. They throw OK for a single sub though, especially when I have the pair together.
3) A pair of CUBO 15 Extended (loaded with Selenium SW800) that I built myself - they work well, but I find they don't throw far outdoors. They are also hit and miss when it comes to the venue (they don't sound good sometimes depending where I go).

I got 8 B&C 18NW100 on a great deal some time ago, so I wanted to see what is the best option I have with these (looking to build long throw boxes for them)
And then I have a BRAND new pair of B&C 18 SW115 subs that I want to place in a nice pair of all round boxes.
Hello!!!
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2018 at 6:14pm
no single 18 cab of similar size to yours will have any significant "throw" in the bass bandwidth..
for your existing 18nw100s theres at least 2 suitable b&c designs..
(https://www.lautsprecherteile.de/B-C-18-NW-100)

block of 4 of those horns for example will "throw" further and sound punchier than 4 of the reflex cabs simply due to size and better coupling to the air, the 4 reflex will have more output below 40hz but afaik neither soca nor chutny nor most dancehall really require sub freq. as they are rather based on 45-60ish hz basslines mainly?!

if your gigs (and tops/stacking options etc.) allow for blocks of min. 4 of such horns i would switch to horns and sell all other gear you have except maybe the DAS subs, which could be used in very small venues/setups.. or build 2 reflex subs/tapped horns(keystone) for the 18sw115s instead :)

sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2018 at 6:03pm
Thanks for the advice.
Hello!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>