Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A.S.S. Cabs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A.S.S. Cabs
    Posted: 17 January 2018 at 10:04pm
Hi All,

have looked through the brochure thread here in the Golden Oldie section but not seen anything that looks like these. Just wondering if anyone knows what they are? The seller says they had 3 x JBL HPL2206, 1 x JBL2447 and 2 x JBL Bullets in them. Would they be 075 bullets?

If I were to refresh them and load them with more modern (read affordable) components, what would you recommend. P Audio PM12-LB600 seems to fit or is that sacrilege?

Thanks in advance...

No, I really don't know what I'm doing...
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 8:15pm
2nd hand JBL. It'll be worth it!
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 9:02pm
Tony at ASS made a huge range of specials and one-offs for various clubs and theatres,so is not suprising they aren't in the brochures.

As Eddie says,try and source 2nd hand drivers for them,2226 are easy to find,as are the2446/ 2447 and the 2380/2381 horn. Bullets would have been 2402's .
Be seeing you.
Rich99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 5:17pm
Thanks for the advice guys, I shall report back on progress and in the meantime, if you come across any of the above, please let me know.

Rich99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2018 at 5:41pm
Well I have made progress. Sourced a pair of JBL 2447 and two pairs of the 2402 bullets plus an extra Fane HPX4 from Gaz on here as the plan is to make a replica cabinet. That should be more than enough to handle the mid/top requirements I'll ever have.

I have one 2206 in another cabinet but it's bloody heavy. Dread to think how heavy this is going to end up loaded. There are only two of us to move it all...(and we ain't in the first flush of youth!)
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 3:16am
I might have some 2226s about. 
 Post Reply Post Reply