Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best rubber feet ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2018 at 11:29am
Using HDPE, over time they will get scuffed up giving a bit of grip to the floor, and hdpe is relatively soft and has a smooth side and a textured side. textured side to the floor would also help.
Hz so good View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hz so good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2018 at 11:50am
have you thought about trying some small rubberised pads, I can get you some small pads about 5 Inch square and about 7mm thick, they're H pads what sit between a rail and sleeper you could just put one under each corner,  

These are 10mm but otherwise the same 

Edited by Hz so good - 23 January 2018 at 12:07pm
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2018 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Hz so good Hz so good wrote:

have you thought about trying some small rubberised pads, I can get you some small pads about 5 Inch square and about 7mm thick, they're H pads what sit between a rail and sleeper you could just put one under each corner,  

These are 10mm but otherwise the same 

Interesting solution. I gather you would glue these on? I'm just wondering how well they'd stay stuck.

I think moyano would like the feet to also act as locators when stacking.

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 23 January 2018 at 12:16pm
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2018 at 12:18pm
Re-an used to make some great ones, around 45mm diameter,about 15mm deep, not sure if Re-an are still around?
Be seeing you.
Hz so good View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hz so good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2018 at 12:21pm
no just place them under as you position the cabs, maybe put a couple under the centre too, a couple of rubber car mats would probably have the same effect,  
Jasonstry View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonstry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2018 at 3:54pm
I have been looking around the web for the Penn Elcom skids but without much luck. There are some on ebay but seem a bit over-priced, including delivery. Anybody know a UK supplier?

Cheers in advance.
Down with signatures!
Darkstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2018 at 7:38pm
I've personally put 16 of these (click) on my double 18"s. The rubber is surprisingly durable and reasonably sized, the center plate can bend if the bolt is tightened really hard but it has no real negative effect. Been using them for about one year and it looks like I won't need to replace them anytime soon, cabs weigh in at 125Kgs and have been pushed around on the rubber feet multiple times with no big issue.

To me the problem of the feet interfering with loading/unloading isn't really there as each cab has 4 wheels which are mounted on a different side.

Edit: the ones I linked are 10mm tall, there's also 15 and 20 mm variants of the same diameter.

Edited by Darkstar - 24 April 2018 at 7:40pm
Bass =/= Enough
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2018 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Darkstar Darkstar wrote:

I've personally put 16 of these (click) on my double 18"s. The rubber is surprisingly durable and reasonably sized, the center plate can bend if the bolt is tightened really hard but it has no real negative effect. Been using them for about one year and it looks like I won't need to replace them anytime soon, cabs weigh in at 125Kgs and have been pushed around on the rubber feet multiple times with no big issue.

To me the problem of the feet interfering with loading/unloading isn't really there as each cab has 4 wheels which are mounted on a different side.

Edit: the ones I linked are 10mm tall, there's also 15 and 20 mm variants of the same diameter.

Link doesn't work buddy
Jasonstry View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonstry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2018 at 8:42pm
Thanks for the info but I am only interested in the skids.
Down with signatures!
Soundscape View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soundscape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2018 at 9:51pm
Re skids for speaker cabs

Just checked to see if the link to Penn-Elcom posted previously works....and it does, so here it is again:

Cheers,

Soundscape

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2018 at 11:58pm
some lingnum vitae wood ones would probably work well. very tough wood, what bowls balls are made from. maybe with some cross cuts to give grip.
Jasonstry View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonstry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2018 at 10:15am
Cheers Soundscape but I had already followed that link. It is to the main site and, though they are listed there it doesn't give prices and you can't order them from that pate, you have to use their webshop and  , they aren't listed in the webshop. However, in case anyone else finds themselves in the same predicament, I contacted Penn Elcom direct and, though they don't stock them in the shop, they can supply them. I am waiting for a quote from them and will update this thread when I get it.
Down with signatures!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>