Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wifi remote controller for the Ultradrive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2019 at 11:03pm
installed 3.2.0.0 from here

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php#install

and it now connects to the port.

what should happen when I open serial monitor? it's autoscrolling ';⸮⸮̵
kb⸮HCK⸮⸮⸮;⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮;⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮;⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮;⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮;⸮'

started uploading sketch but then timed out and failed

Edited by snowflake - 17 August 2019 at 11:10pm
Lasse Lukkari View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2019 at 9:10am
Awesome that you got the drivers working. We are almost there!

The timeout happens because by default the controller boots in a mode where it runs the previously flashed program. To be able to upload the new software you need to start the microcontroller in the flash mode:

1. Unplug the USB cable from the computer
2. Press and hold the upper button (in your photos) while you plug the cable back

Holding the button down when it's powered up makes the controller boot in a the flash mode. You should now be able to upload the new software without the timeout error.

You see garbage in the serial output because the baud rate is wrong. After you have flashed the OTAWebUpdater.ino set the baud rate to 115200 and you will see normal text in the serial monitor.

Edited by Lasse Lukkari - 19 August 2019 at 9:13am
Jost96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jost96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2019 at 9:47am
Hey Lasse, how difficult would it be to implement the save and Recall funktion?

snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2019 at 9:05pm
now Arduino will not launch on my laptop. It worked on Saturday! says 'loading boards' then instead of saying 'starting' it just shuts down. tried reinstalling Arduino and rebooting and still won't launch.

will launch on my desktop but that computer will only show it's one COM port and doesn't recognise plugged into either USB port.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2019 at 6:03am
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

now Arduino will not launch on my laptop. It worked on Saturday! says 'loading boards' then instead of saying 'starting' it just shuts down. tried reinstalling Arduino and rebooting and still won't launch.

This seems to be a common problem on Windows platforms. It has been reported by multiple users on the Arduino forums.

People seem to have had success with a clean reinstall after following these instructions. See the attached PDF file in the last post here: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=534741.15

Edited by Lasse Lukkari - 20 August 2019 at 6:05am
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2019 at 1:35pm
did the system clean and reinstalled Arduino and drivers and it works again

held down the reset button as I plugged in and it appears to have rebooted - no more garbage in serial monitor.

uploaded the sketch and it got further than last time.

says
Leaving...
Hard resetting via RTS pin...

nothing output to serial monitor
tried closing monitor, unplugging, plugging back in and reopening monitor but still no output.

I have set the baud rate to 115200. tried resetting and doing the process again and I do get a monitor message saying brownout detected.

Edited by snowflake - 20 August 2019 at 1:43pm
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2019 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

I do get a monitor message saying brownout detected.

We seem to stumble across every possible problem. 

The brownout means that for some reason the microcontroller is not getting enough 5v power from the usb port. Is it possible that you try another physical USB port, a powered USB hub or even another computer? 

I completely understand if you want to call it quits at this point. I can post you a another controller with the latest firmware installed. You can use the box to mail me the previous one back so I can reflash it here and send it to someone else.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2019 at 7:52pm
Let's try one more thing before we give up. As we have managed to succefully upload the OTA update firmware with the Arduino IDE we may as well flash the full DuinoDCX firmware directly.

Download and extract the attached zip file. Inside you will find a file named DuinoDCX.ino. Do not rename the directory to anything else than DuinoDCX. Open the project in the Arduino IDE and flash it like you did before. Now try powering the controller with a known good usb charger.

If it still fails there is not much we can do.

Edited by Lasse Lukkari - 20 August 2019 at 8:02pm
Jost96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jost96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2019 at 11:27am
Hay Lasse, sorry for the late response. I love the serial chiller you send me. It works great. I build this thing for 6 friends which use it too very ofeten. But now there is a little thing what won't work. I've bought a new 4 ch amplifier. So there must get a DCX in :D. But now I had a bigger event where I needed both DCX. I want to run both with one Serial chiller. But I can't find the second one in the software. Hardware flow was disabeled and eneabeld. First DCX was in PC Link mode second one in Link RS 485 mode. bothe term switches were pressed. I only can find the first one. Do you know this problem?

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2019 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Jost96 Jost96 wrote:

Do you know this problem?
Unfortunately no. I only own a single Ultradrive so I have not been able to test the SerialChiller with multiple units myself. The standard ttl to rs232 adapter modules will never work with multiple units, but the SerialChiller should have the required hardware setup.  I will try to borrow another Ultradrive during the christmas holidays and see what is going on.

Edited by Lasse Lukkari - 24 November 2019 at 3:46pm
Jost96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jost96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2019 at 12:24pm
 Hey I have one laying here around I can send it to you. It is modificated with the module inside!
AM55 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2019 at 2:30pm

Lasse, I am having issues connecting via an existing wifi network. Ad hoc seems to be fine but I can't manage it via my home router or a hotspot on my phone. Home router just won't connect and it throws up an error message. Via my phone hotspot it seems to connect fine and my phone tells me it is connected but chrome won't connect to load the GUI. Any ideas?

Thumbs Up

edit/ I have also sent this via PM.

Edited by AM55 - 10 January 2020 at 12:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>