Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wifi remote controller for the Ultradrive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2020 at 9:23am
Let's start with a simple test. 

In the Arduino IDE open the File -> Examples -> Examples for ESP32 dev module -> WebServer -> HelloServer. Change the wifi credential to match you home router and upload the sketch. Try it out with the phone hotspot too. Can you get these work? If not the the problem is somewhere else than in the DuinoDCX codebase.

You can also try to change the authentication type of your router and see if that helps.

If the problem still persists please open a new issue at github: https://github.com/lasselukkari/DuinoDCX/issues
Lasse Lukkari View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2020 at 8:17pm
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2020 at 7:21am
Someone has created a really nice walkthrough video of the setup!

Unfortunately the author forgot to mention the original source of the project. While I'm completely fine with someone selling these he is actually violating the license I'm using for the hardware by not crediting the original project. Also you can not claim this to be your original work like he does on his website. Now someone may believe they are actually buying these from me. I think it's also unfair for anyone who buys from him not to know they could have built the device for quarter of the price he is asking for.

Edited by Lasse Lukkari - 14 April 2020 at 2:35pm
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2021 at 9:30pm
Hi Lasse, amazing project!
Lockdown has made me want to test this on some dcx's i already own so i ordered an ESP and Max232 converter module. Hopefully they will arrive next week for some testing.
I have cloned the github project and the code looks pretty easy to follow but not delved into it too deep yet.
I was wondering if you ought it possible/difficult to modify this to run on something like the WESP32 to add wired ethernet and POE?
This would be an awesome combination with a Dante AVIO AES3 break-out to get direct control over the DCX as well as get digital audio directly into the DCX.
Best regards,
Teun.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2021 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Teunos Teunos wrote:

I was wondering if you ought it possible/difficult to modify this to run on something like the WESP32 to add wired ethernet and POE?

Sorry for the delayed reply. I have not visited the forum for a while.

The webserver library I have developed works well with ethernet too. I have tested the library separately with the ESP32 combined with the LAN8710 and W5500 ethernet chips and it works well. I have been planning to try out the codebase with LAN8710 but have not done it yet.

The required changes are really small. You can get and idea by taking a look at the wifi and ethernet examples of the web server library:

While it should be easy to get it working creating the UI to support the ethernet configuration like static ip an so on is a bigger task. At the moment there is so few people that would like to use ethernet that it does not justify the effort. So for now the ip would need to be assigned dynamically or you need to hardcode a static ip.

Edited by Lasse Lukkari - 08 March 2021 at 6:14pm
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2021 at 12:55pm
Hi Lasse,

I (finally) received 2 ESP dev boards 2 weeks ago and it's all working flawlessly the first time around.
Simultaneously I'm working on a modified (SMD) version of the kDCX Analog board in the DCX, and realized the pin 9 of the RS232 is unused in almost any and all RS232 to USB adapters. 
Therefore i'm pretty confident in just connecting 5V to pin 9 through a PTC fuse on the analog board.
For testing i've already soldered a wire from the 5V digital pin on the 20p ribbon cable header on bottom side directly to pin 9 of the sub-d.

I've modified the original eagle files to route the incoming +5V supply to pin 9 and made a panel for 3 pcs using breaktabs/mousebites.
This way i can pull it through the SMT oven at work without it getting stuck.

I'll order 5 panels from elecrow which is pretty cheap at a panel size of 80x100.
I could have fitted 4 pcs in 100x100 panel for the same price but then i coulnd't add the panel edge around the PCBs which would make it impossible to pass through the SMT oven.

Edited by Teunos - 05 April 2021 at 12:56pm
Best regards,
Teun.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2021 at 8:25pm
Nice work there! Let me know if you need any help.
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2021 at 10:16am
PCBs arrived from Elecrow.
Still need some parts to arrive but once those are in i'll push them through the SMT oven.

Best regards,
Teun.
profski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote profski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2022 at 2:51am
Hello, everyone
does anyone have an adapter?

I would take 1-3, gladly against payment
or can i order the pcb somewhere??

I look forward to feedback
teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2022 at 7:41am
amazing project!
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2022 at 11:04am
Originally posted by profski profski wrote:

Hello, everyone
does anyone have an adapter?

I would take 1-3, gladly against payment
or can i order the pcb somewhere??

I look forward to feedback

I have stopped using my ultradrives. Have a couple of adapters somewhere if you want them. I never got them working but I think that was my fault rather than the hardware.
profski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote profski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2022 at 11:47am
that sounds good
tell me what you want for it with shipping to Germany
then I'll try my luck
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>