Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wifi remote controller for the Ultradrive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2019 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

the one on the left had v0.0.11. I downloaded the .bin file for v0.0.25 and dragged and dropped it. said it had uploaded successfully and to 'hard refresh' to clear cache. I reconnected the wireless and refreshed the page but now just says "request timeout" and doesn't load page.

Hmm... that should not happen. What you can now try is to reset the device to "factory settings". To do this:

1. Unplug the duinodcx controller from power.
2. Press and hold the button that is in the bottom of your photo.
3. Keep pressing the button and plug the USB to a power source.
4. Keep pressing the button for 5 seconds
5. Unplug the power and restart the controller by plugging it back to power 

If this does not help you can manually flash the controller with the latest firmware. The instructions can be found from here: https://lasselukkari.github.io/DuinoDCX To get the microcontroller to boot in the flash mode you need to hold the upper button in your picture when you plug the USB to your computer. You may also need to install the drivers for the usb to ttl chip: http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41

Edited by Lasse Lukkari - 15 August 2019 at 1:46pm
Lasse Lukkari View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2019 at 1:47pm
I had a wrong link to the driver download in the previous post. It has now been updated.
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2019 at 2:18pm
reset button didn't work

if the manual flash involves all the steps under "2. Flashing the Board" I can't follow them beyond the arduino core install

https://github.com/espressif/arduino-esp32/blob/master/docs/arduino-ide/windows.md

"open a Git Bash session pointing to [ARDUINO_SKETCHBOOK_DIR]/hardware/espressif/esp32 and execute git submodule update --init --recursive"

well done for doing all this because it seems incredibly complicated. I have got absolutely no idea what this means though!
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2019 at 3:22pm
Follow these instructions instead https://github.com/espressif/arduino-esp32/blob/master/docs/arduino-ide/boards_manager.md. No need for any tricky command line stuff. Install v1.0.0 and not the the latest one.

Edited by Lasse Lukkari - 15 August 2019 at 3:23pm
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2019 at 3:45pm
One more thing... Because the custom boards do not have a reset circuit there is one more extra step that is not in the guide. Once you have flashed the initial firmware according to the instructions unplug the usb connector from your computer and close the Serial monitor window. Now plug the usb back in and quickly open the serial minitor window again. You should now see the ip of the controller just like in the screenshots. Otherwise the output will just stay empty because the device will not automatically reset after the the flashing. It is also important that you reopen the serial monitor window after plugging the usb connector back and not the other way around. Stay strong! I promise we get this sorted out.
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2019 at 11:06am
thanks for fantastic trouble-shooting support. install seems to have worked - waiting for gender-changing cable to turn up to finish manual flash.

TOP TIP: don't install Arduino on your laptop and then remember it doesn't even have a serial port Wacko
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2019 at 12:25pm
I will be taking the rig out tomorrow and will try linking two of my DCX Pro V1.16 and report back. Switching between AP mode and client mode now seems to be working well and also seems to be less lag between Duino and the DCX.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2019 at 3:48pm
The usb to serial port adapter is embedded inside the usb plug that comes  with the controller. Once you install the drivers it will show up as a serial port on your computer.

Edited by Lasse Lukkari - 16 August 2019 at 3:53pm
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2019 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Lasse Lukkari Lasse Lukkari wrote:

The usb to serial port adapter is embedded inside the usb plug that comes  with the controller. Once you install the drivers it will show up as a serial port on your computer.

oh right, I thought I had to plug the other end in LOL sorry for being absolutely clueless.
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2019 at 6:15pm
it is showing up as a port which I can select from the menu, but when I click 'serial monitor' I get an error message:

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), Board: "ESP32 Dev Module, Disabled, Default, QIO, 80MHz, 4MB (32Mb), 921600, None"

Error opening serial port 'COM5'. (Port not found)

I've installed the usb/ttl driver and rebooted the machine. tried running the check chip version tool and that comes back with 'OPEN COM PORT FAILED'.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2019 at 6:25pm
I'm in a bus on my way to a festival. I will be back on sunday. Lets continue then.

Have a nice weekend!

AM55 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AM55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2019 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

it is showing up as a port which I can select from the menu, but when I click 'serial monitor' I get an error message:

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), Board: "ESP32 Dev Module, Disabled, Default, QIO, 80MHz, 4MB (32Mb), 921600, None"

Error opening serial port 'COM5'. (Port not found)

I've installed the usb/ttl driver and rebooted the machine. tried running the check chip version tool and that comes back with 'OPEN COM PORT FAILED'.

When you open device manager are you using the Prolific USB to Serial converter?

If you are I had to install driver 3.2.0.0 (which is an old one) before it would work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>