Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Subwoofer for reggae/rave sound system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 10:07am
Originally posted by bass*en*mass bass*en*mass wrote:

i personally quite liked Ballistic Rootikals shortman minis at "the soundclash" at Golden Palace in 2013/14?.. not the loudest cabs that night/in general but really nice and warm solid basslines compared to the others..

Yes it was 5/6 Jan 2014 'SoundSystem Sound off' a David and Goliath situation where people didn't even hide their shame lol but were openly measuring the 'Shortmans' with their hands, people could not believe what was happening we all chat till the cows come home, some swear Black is Blue but you cant beat real world stuff.

Edited by djkeet - 03 February 2018 at 10:18am
Soundbite
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 11:23am
'only 4 drivers '  on bass Thumbs Up
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 12:22pm
Were never on the edge they were hardly moving. Joker sp comments as usual. If u were at the southall amp test u wud have seen just how much the driver cud move in the cab and how much air it cud push out. Gp were moving maybe half as much as that. I have to laugh. Only thing on the edge were the 1050w per channel amps used especially with gains not opened full. But sufficed enough to not need turning up more as they proved themselves. Hence not plugging them into the inf8 that was sitting there lol. If in doubt bring a sound out and book the date.
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by SouthwestCNC SouthwestCNC wrote:

This begs the question what are the miniscoops useful for?

Not sure.

The best miniscoops out there currently, are Shortman/Marvin/QSS.

ass jr is up them 3 easyly,..defo think its a perfect scoop for the bc sw driver,.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 2:00pm
Well it wasnt the 3 times he brought them to gp, or the southend demo, or when southend crew played them in dub bunker.
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Was long time thinking of making 21" version of  Martin WSX, but when I heard 12 21" Folded horns, pretty much fail to hit below 50hz with SPL, I decided not to.

Some people happy with Folded Horns playing Reggae, but I can guarantee it's not the dub crowd, who absolutely, definitely want to hear 40hz with huge SPL, as opposed to 55hz.

EDIT:Won't even mention the Dub Reflex crew, who want huge SPL, at 30hz!!!

LOL

king earthquake is well heavy weight with folded horns so they can drop lower than the 55hz you mentioned,,& 2 em quakes will drop lower than 2 scoops without breakin a sweat,.tryd & tested,,but i do still prefere scoops for that natural roll..
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 2:38pm
Let's agree, people have different ideas of "well heavy".

Some people think uber amounts of 55hz is well heavy, and uber amounts of 40hz, is wobbly bass.

Edited by levyte357- - 03 February 2018 at 2:39pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 3:08pm
55hz is too high for disco LOL
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by jammin75 jammin75 wrote:

55hz is too high for disco LOL

Buy the wrong bass amp, and that's where all your energy will be, unless you want to barbeque amp!!

LOL
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 3:50pm
Iration Steppers souded heavy last night, using Cutty's desgn. Not scoops though. I think some hybrid band pass. Was doing the bizzness.....
A friend I was there with was impressed by the punch of kick drum, me the low end weight, so best of both worlds. Çould easily see them good with many genre's of music.

Edited by valve head777 - 03 February 2018 at 3:55pm
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 4:35pm
I wasnt there but ao far have only heard pure 60hz pressure fr9m that sound using them. So backs up levs point qbout one mans heavy isnt the same as another. The othet crew usin them crazy 50hz pressure. Goes down to 40 but only pressure at the higher 50 when they play.
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

I wasnt there but ao far have only heard pure 60hz pressure fr9m that sound using them. So backs up levs point qbout one mans heavy isnt the same as another. The othet crew usin them crazy 50hz pressure. Goes down to 40 but only pressure at the higher 50 when they play.

Hz meter at the ready heh?
I was there and definitely heard tunes with bottom E being played.

Edited by valve head777 - 03 February 2018 at 4:47pm
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>