Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Subwoofer for reggae/rave sound system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by BASSHORSE BASSHORSE wrote:

Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Was long time thinking of making 21" version of  Martin WSX, but when I heard 12 21" Folded horns, pretty much fail to hit below 50hz with SPL, I decided not to.

Some people happy with Folded Horns playing Reggae, but I can guarantee it's not the dub crowd, who absolutely, definitely want to hear 40hz with huge SPL, as opposed to 55hz.

EDIT:Won't even mention the Dub Reflex crew, who want huge SPL, at 30hz!!!

LOL

king earthquake is well heavy weight with folded horns so they can drop lower than the 55hz you mentioned,,& 2 em quakes will drop lower than 2 scoops without breakin a sweat,.tryd & tested,,but i do still prefere scoops for that natural roll..

All I know is that King Earthquake was out played by Ballistic and Kilowatt in the low freq department @ ONEDUB {Venue BOXXED}End of year special Dec 2K13 at that time I think Ballistic were using SB's and Shortmans sometimes you only can tell when a sound is side by side with another. Some brilliant sessions in those times 2K11-2K15(Just my opinion)
Soundbite
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 5:21pm
that was a gd session keith  pure vibes. 
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 5:46pm
i tried booking mark for this year march-may but he was busy all the dates i gave. Maybe towards the end of the year it will happen. 
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

Well it wasnt the 3 times he brought them to gp, or the southend demo, or when southend crew played them in dub bunker.

i know feedback & other issues didnt go down to well as ive saw before,,.but they way i play mine shacks down the place,.he just needed the right tunes & a mostec pre :) & tordail amps,..2 key players missing ther in my books,...,,that driver is smooth & heavy on basslines in that box,..would put 4 against any minis on rd..

Edited by BASSHORSE - 03 February 2018 at 7:22pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 8:17pm
Tore big places with mine on matrix. So cant use amps as an excuse. Southall amp test in decent size sports hall 1 smini covered the whole hall very nice off of a matrix. And that was after hours of listening to 4 1850 steveb scoops and 4 tmax1500 marvin scoops. So if anything it would have sound quiet but it didnt.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 8:22pm
Smini marvin midi have both proved themselves against bigboy cabs and certified operators. The rx jnr needs to do the same before people put it in the same ranking. Every tom dick and harry makee gd quality over brqced cabs so that alone doest automatically qualify a cab.
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 8:31pm
As with any debate involving scoob bins, it's totally lost the original op's question.
What is the best all round cab for a variety of music incorporating but not exclusively Dub/Reggae?
Fair question really.
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
djkeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by valve head777 valve head777 wrote:

As with any debate involving scoob bins, it's totally lost the original op's question.
What is the best all round cab for a variety of music incorporating but not exclusively Dub/Reggae?
Fair question really.

The reason for this is that the topic as been covered and Jony should be able to glean thats its a folded horn (He came to that conclusion already)or a reflex

Edited by djkeet - 03 February 2018 at 8:52pm
Soundbite
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 9:31pm

Fair question really.

That would be reflex 2x18.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Fair question really.

That would be reflex 2x18.

Thumbs Up Yep
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 10:33pm
Original question wasnt best all round bass cab. He was asking for a subwoofer and said they will use reflex bass on top of it. So if thats the case id choose a scoop. None in the list though. Rather buy used steveb, shortman, marvin, qss, humm audio, lev.44. If you need a hard kick load the reflex with PD.1550

Edited by luton_soundman - 03 February 2018 at 10:51pm
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2018 at 9:27am
what dont you like about the ass minis luton if you dont mind me askin,, weight? spl? throw ? or just dont like ass in general ?.. ive gathered like you dont like the brand much from your posts so just askin ,.Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>