Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

powersoft linking..Advice needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: powersoft linking..Advice needed
    Posted: 31 January 2018 at 4:47pm
Hi. I've had a couple of k10's for a while now and been using them with external dsp.I've just got a m50 q so I can run armonia but I can't seem to get audio from 1 amp to the next or from Chanel 1/2 to 3/4 on the m50q.I connect the ethernet cables the right way and I've tried everything in the Input routing window but I can't seem to get audio linked.Can someone help me please!!

Conor
merc 313 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc 313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 10:38am
Hi.  The m50q does not accept audio thru ethernet.  it is for control only.
      regards Martin
jonezy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 11:09am
Thanks mate can it send audio through ethernet ??  & can I route the audio from channel 1/2 into 3/4??
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 2:16pm
No. None of the Powersoft send analogue audio through ethernet.
Risc_Terilia View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risc_Terilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

No. None of the Powersoft send analogue audio through ethernet.

LOL
logsquared1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logsquared1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 2:51pm
I'm not sure I fully understand the OP's question.  If you are trying to route audio from module 1 to module 2 I haven't figured it out either.  I gather the modules aren't connected internally.  I ended up using A "y" cable and the link buttons to get audio to all 4 channels.
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by logsquared1 logsquared1 wrote:

I'm not sure I fully understand the OP's question.  If you are trying to route audio from module 1 to module 2 I haven't figured it out either.  I gather the modules aren't connected internally.  I ended up using A "y" cable and the link buttons to get audio to all 4 channels.

Correct. The four channel M series is just 2x two channel M series in one case. It’s literally two amps with one mains input.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 7:04pm
am i right in thinking that the outputs are on 4 separate speakons too? as in.. you can't connect 4 core to speakon A and have channel B on the +/_2 pins?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logsquared1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

am i right in thinking that the outputs are on 4 separate speakons too? as in.. you can't connect 4 core to speakon A and have channel B on the +/_2 pins?

You can, but it not that easy.  Chan A is on pins +1 and -1 like normal but channel B uses pin -1 for (+) and pin -2 for (-).

The output channels are out of phase referenced to ground for the amp to better use the power supply. 

Had me scratching my head for a min.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 7:38pm
i don't follow.. but eh.. no matter.
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by logsquared1 logsquared1 wrote:

Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

You can, but it not that easy.  Chan A is on pins +1 and -1 like normal but channel B uses pin -1 for (+) and pin -2 for (-).

The output channels are out of phase referenced to ground for the amp to better use the power supply. 

Had me scratching my head for a min.

That’s not correct. You can use a normal 4 core cable to use a channel pair, it even says this on the back of the amp.

They’re commonly used for biamp boxes, so low on ch1, high on ch2. One 4 core cable from channel 1 carries both outputs and you just link input XLR either on the rear or in Armonia preset.

Yes the internals are polarity flipped but so are the connectors so there’s no changes needed by the user and it’s not of concern in operation.

Edited by toastyghost - 01 February 2018 at 9:44pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logsquared1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 10:19pm
Now you have me worried!

From the manual.

This is how I have mine wired.  

Im new to powersoft.  I may have F'ed it up. Its working as wired.

Edited by logsquared1 - 01 February 2018 at 10:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>