Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B&C NW100 in scoops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B&C NW100 in scoops
    Posted: 01 February 2018 at 6:51pm
Anyone ever tried these in scoops? Which design is the best for this speaker? Music will be Soca, dancehall, and EDM.
Hello!!!
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 8:11pm
I have in a Hog scoop.
sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2018 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by sn95 sn95 wrote:

I have in a Hog scoop.
Thanks for the response! I have a couple of questions regarding the nw100 in the hog scoops:
1) How many do you use at a time? Coupled together or singles?
2) What type of music do they sound best with, other than reggae?
3) Do you use them in groups outdoors?
4) In terms of speaker control and bass 'tightness' how would you compare their performance to the same speaker in a reflex box?

Hello!!!
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2018 at 6:02pm
Keep in mind there for personal use. 1 single but have a second one almost completed. 2 Raggae trap house deep house EDM a wide variety of music. 3 outdoors . 4 i don't think that a reflex box using the 18NW100 will come close to a hog using a 18NW100 .
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2018 at 6:55pm
http://www.bcspeakers.com/en/products/lf-driver/18-0/8/18nw100

Comparing parameters  with proven Optimal Scoop drivers, suggests 18NW100, would sound quite warm, very loud in optimal Scoop.

However, BL of only 28, and Xmax calculated by   ((Hc - Hg)/2) +2 = 8.5mm..

This suggests don't get over excited with Bass amplifier/pre-amp, or everything will sound nice, right upto when bass section disappears.!!!

LOL

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 12:32am
i've seen them die in scoops a few times , any driver will if its pushed too much for too long past its limits, for some it will be easier than others. 

before they failed i could clearly hear a lot of distortion but when run within their limits they were sounding good. never heard them in hogs yet
http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2018 at 3:17pm
i tried them few times, weak !!!! fane b sounded better imho 

Edited by paulus - 19 February 2018 at 3:17pm
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

http://www.bcspeakers.com/en/products/lf-driver/18-0/8/18nw100

Comparing parameters  with proven Optimal Scoop drivers, suggests 18NW100, would sound quite warm, very loud in optimal Scoop.

However, BL of only 28, and Xmax calculated by   ((Hc - Hg)/2) +2 = 8.5mm..

This suggests don't get over excited with Bass amplifier/pre-amp, or everything will sound nice, right upto when bass section disappears.!!!

LOL

Oh dearConfused

I am in possession of 8 of these subs, and compact-ability in mind, I was thinking the stipe mini Mk3 version miniscoop. Do you think the sonic difference with these speakers in the stipe mk3, or the same speakers in the Mogale, will be that different?
Hello!!!
sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by king david king david wrote:

i've seen them die in scoops a few times , any driver will if its pushed too much for too long past its limits, for some it will be easier than others. 

before they failed i could clearly hear a lot of distortion but when run within their limits they were sounding good. never heard them in hogs yet
With all these negative ideas about these speakers in scoops, I am seriously reconsidering my choice to purchase the lot Ouch!! Thing is I got a good deal on the 8 used. Now I am considering reselling them.Ouch
Hello!!!
sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2018 at 3:15pm
Guys if you are familiar with the Yorkville LS801P, coincidentally I purchased two. For single 18" subs they ROCK!!!! But there's where it gets good, I decide to look inside them.........
What do I find inside? AN 18" speaker that looks EXACTLY like the B&C NW100!!!!!

Now I'm thinking to just build a couple more so that I can use the B&C NW100, instead of looking elsewhere. The box is very simple inside. What you guys think? Have any of you compared the quality of the Yorkville to any enclosure of similar size?
Hello!!!
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2018 at 3:31pm
The LS801P looks more like a MTL46, than a full scoop. So very different cabs, also looking at the frequency response, the LS801 design looks more suited for the 18NW100.
sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2018 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

The LS801P looks more like a MTL46, than a full scoop. So very different cabs, also looking at the frequency response, the LS801 design looks more suited for the 18NW100.
I measured the internals of the LS801, and it is very different from the MTL46. Its actually has an expanding port, and is wider and shallower than the MTL46.

Hello!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>