Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quad 12" Kick Sub

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stalian87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quad 12" Kick Sub
    Posted: 27 February 2018 at 5:01pm
Hey Everyone,

Just thought i'd share my design of a quad 12" sub I've been working on for about 9 months now. I've built it and it works like a charm. It's actually more compact than it looks and gives an amazing punch at 80hz reaching a max of 133db (not bad). 

I must add that as it was the first I built, there was lots of air leakage due to my handy work so it can defo go louder.

The design has been heavily updated since the first build to make it easier to put together and make it air tight.

it can be used as sealed or poted.
you can download the sketchup file from my Gdrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KXTnaka1IwqpCu9VaSSPH0g3pi38oENc
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 7:01pm
Nice one! Clap Design something and build it... instead of leaving it on paper as lots of us do!!!
Have you done any measurements on it yet? Or even a SIM?
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
stalian87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stalian87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 7:07pm
thanks! yeah building it was a bit of a challenge due to the silly angles of the baffles but my CNC guys did a good job, albeit certainly charged for it!

i did a sim before building it of course and was pretty much spot on when blasting it in the studio! but i didn't save any measurements on the day. once i build the next one, i'll do some proper measurements.

I'll post the sim on here in a bit
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 7:12pm
Trying to work out form the pics, is it a sealed cab or reflex?
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 7:23pm
Do you have any measurements?
stalian87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stalian87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 7:29pm
it can be used as both with the centre plug screwing on and off with bolts
no measurements as I already mentioned but will get them done on my next build
stalian87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stalian87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 7:44pm
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 8:08pm
cool project! great stuff.
stalian87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stalian87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 8:17pm
thank you, much appreciated. i really hope i'm contributing to a community which has helped me a heck of a lot in the past.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 9:13am
Did you mount the drivers before mounting the BR port?
stalian87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stalian87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 9:38am
no there was plenty of room to mount them after installing the port walls.
aleksmla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleksmla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2018 at 8:24am
Originally posted by stalian87 stalian87 wrote:

Hey Everyone,

Just thought i'd share my design of a quad 12" sub I've been working on for about 9 months now. I've built it and it works like a charm. It's actually more compact than it looks and gives an amazing punch at 80hz reaching a max of 133db (not bad). 

I must add that as it was the first I built, there was lots of air leakage due to my handy work so it can defo go louder.

The design has been heavily updated since the first build to make it easier to put together and make it air tight.

it can be used as sealed or poted.
you can download the sketchup file from my Gdrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KXTnaka1IwqpCu9VaSSPH0g3pi38oENc
Do you have paper plan for this project?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>