Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Little or large

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by RUS RUS wrote:

It doesn't make sense to have reflex above scoops

Sealed or horn loaded yer

People who don't know what they are talking about, shouldn't post in SF.

Why would you want a box that will go down that low above a scoop ?

valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 10:23pm
The problem with Eminence wardrobe is, and I KNOW this, is the odd narrow door way, and vans. I would consider the super scoop. Sounds good with xb as driver.

I can feel the fire coming lol.........
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by valve head777 valve head777 wrote:

The problem with Eminence wardrobe is, and I KNOW this, is the odd narrow door way, and vans. I would consider the super scoop. Sounds good with xb as driver.

I can feel the fire coming lol.........

Eminence waldrobe, is for no compromise, Mad Max people, like Kilowatts..

Only the real Scoopists understand these things..

Not the armchair experts who love chat in Scoop Forum, but never go Reggae dance...
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 11:03pm
Idiot.

I own both. Got nothing to prove to you.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 11:09pm

Idiot.

I own both. Got nothing to prove to you.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 11:16pm
Op asked what cabs for xb's. Specifically.
Wardrobes hardly mad Max with xb's.
Once again you miss the point.

Never much positivity from you now. You a riod user?
You come across as one.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 11:23pm

Op asked what cabs for xb's. Specifically.
Wardrobes hardly mad Max with xb's.
Once again you miss the point.

Never much positivity from you now. You a riod user?
You come across as one.

I requested the formation of the Scoop Forum, for Scoop enthusiasts, and People in the Scoop/Reggae Soundsystem scene, wishing to push Scoop/driver performance to the max, and discuss these things.

Look what the forum has come to now...

Most of the people who post here, either want free plans, don't like Scoops, don't like Reggae, or don't go Reggae Dance.. And don't like being told about it..

Sheesh..

Edited by levyte357- - 20 March 2018 at 11:24pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 11:33pm

PEACE.

Edited by valve head777 - 23 March 2018 at 11:29pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

OK folks, answers from Reggae guys most appreciated but the cabs not going to be used in that scene.

I have 4 XB''s here and want them to go under 4 x 15 reflex.  I have never owned a full scoop so actually want to build one. I have plans, done research, not  a problem

My question is a simple one, having built and owned many minis how much more output 35/80 in a group of four are full scoops going to give me over minis? Is it worth the wood? Remember, Fane XB, no other driver and it's a hobby not the world cup sound system.

Thank you

Did you really need to start an argument?????? Lol

Supers get my vote for xb's. (From experience)
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2018 at 8:02am
Calm down all.

I did not ask for cab design anywhere, I have the design, I can research and read.

I am building some full scoops because it's a hobby and I have never done it. It MAY also be my first proper rebate job (funds for birch allowing)

The 15's have 12 reflex above. Its modular. 12 on own. 12 with 15. 4 x 12 with 4 x 15 etc.  Then as I have never owned one of those impressive looking 4 scoops, four kicks, four mid tops I will build some scoops. Is it so hard to understand this is just for some relaxation and fun?

The 15 are reflex so they can be used alone in small venues and go to 40. ES18 etc don't do this and small venues do not need horns. Damn scoops might not even ever get used.

I should have researched the question first (sorry) as Aman answered it in a previous post that I forgot I was involved in.

Too much anger and insult in this post which really doesn't fit with the ethos of R&C folks.

Lock it up admin
It's everything, not everythink!
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2018 at 9:27am
When I lived in Bristol the rig I was part of had 4 Eminence design scoops (no mouth bracing or other mods and made of mdf) loaded with Fane XB. They were really bloody good. We didn't play reggae and they we're still a lot of fun. For 4 XBs 4 scoops is probably the best you can do for sub SPL. If you did them out of birch and with the mouth bracing (I also understand that there is an additional corner reflector which boosts performance) then that should certainly give you a whole pile of bass.

Minis look like a lot of fun and I'd like to try some too as I think that'd be the only way a non van owner can really deal with them. A single full scoop fits pretty good in a renault kangoo pretty nice though with the seats down.

If I was doing a full scoop myself then there are 2 very interesting designs around now I'd like to try:
1) would be the polar bear. As I understand most scoops have a nominal 40Hz tuning but the polar bear has more like 30Hz.
2) would be the imperial modified for an 18" driver. It's very big and very uncommon but if it behaves anything like the 15" ones that Rich built then it should play high nicely with the right drivers. There's an interesting post on here with full plans by Lee in Montreal about this one.
Don't test the champignon sound
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2018 at 9:29am
Duplicated removed

Edited by Meat - 21 March 2018 at 1:25pm
Don't test the champignon sound
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>