Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

budget amp for pd1850 and pd154

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: budget amp for pd1850 and pd154
    Posted: 16 April 2018 at 2:29pm
hi
looking into buying an amp/s to power 4 hogs loaded with PD1850s and 4 HD15's loaded with PD154's aswell as 2 mt102s. what are some reccomendations for budget amps that would run this setup? 

Edited by junoprobelaunch - 13 May 2018 at 2:19pm
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by efinque efinque wrote:

I'd run something like bridged T.Amp E-800's on each cab separately, or if you're careful and know what you're doing you could get away with running 2 using one. They have some switch-off issues at low volumes though.

Anyway, you'd probably need a crossover before the amps to split the signal.

A bridged e-800 will deliver about 880watts, and you would need 8 for the sub/bass section alone so that would be nearly £1100!!.... and it would still be underpowered. The minimum load when bridged is 8R for this amp, so one driver per amp.

Something like an inuke NU6000 would be a better budget bet.......

An Inuke NU6000 will give 1100 watts RMS at 8R or 2200Watts RMS @ 4R per channel so you could drive 2 cabs per channel.
The inuke Nu6000 is about £325 for the non-DSP version and you would only need 2 for the 8 bass cabs.
The NU6000DSP is about £45.00 more and would save having separate crossover/DSP's, so for 2 non-DSP NU6000 it would cost about £650 and with the DSP version it'll cost about £745.

OK not the best amps in the world but would be a fair bang for your buck… the OP did state budget, and they WOULD provide the drivers with sufficient power (just… @ 1.375 x the total loads RMS per channel) unlike the E-800.

The hogs and HD's would need separate amps channels as they require different processing.

You would still need to power the MT102's, the power requirement would be dependent upon the drivers fitted.

Edited by APW - 16 April 2018 at 4:43pm
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by efinque efinque wrote:

Well, there's the QSC line of amps but they're pricey and some of them (if I remember correctly GX3 and 5) cannot be bridged.

The GX7 (the largest amp in the QSC GX range) is less than half the power of the Inuke and for what it (the GX7) costs you can almost purchase two Inukes.

Another contender is possibly one of the Blue Aran Jam multi-channel amps…. Or even decent 2nd hand amps.

Edited by APW - 16 April 2018 at 5:19pm
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 5:31pm
2 inuke 6000 to power the hogs properly 1 inuke 6000 to power all hd's and 1 inuke nu 6000 for the mt's  Big smile
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
KB109 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 5:37pm
For £700 you can buy a jam systems q10. Still a budget amp but probably a little bit better than a INuke. 4channels at 2500watt a channel. Though blue Aran tested at 2200 per Channel. I’ve ran 8 pd loaded hogs off it all night long. 
junoprobelaunch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by jammin75 jammin75 wrote:

2 inuke 6000 to power the hogs properly

how come you need 2 inukes to run them "properly"? surely you could use just one and have 2 per channel?
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 7:54pm
You don't need two iNuke6000's to power 4 hogs, it's just a belt and braces solution for if you really want a no-compromises option to drive your speakers right up to breaking point.

There's nothing to be gained by taking that option unless you've already tried powering them with one (that'll put 1100w into each bin - plenty) and actually found that to be in any way lacking for your requirements.

Edited by Hemisphere - 16 April 2018 at 7:55pm
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by junoprobelaunch junoprobelaunch wrote:

how come you need 2 inukes to run them "properly"? surely you could use just one and have 2 per channel?

.... it depends what program material is being played.
The power an inuke will produce when playing into a 4ohm load on each channel is exactly the same at two inukes playing into an 8 ohm load on each of the 4 channels, however when playing a sustained low frequency note that is present in some genres of music the inuke could trip out on 4ohm loads due to the amps PSU limiting the current drawn from the mains, two inukes with 8 ohm loads won’t suffer from nuisance tripping.

jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by junoprobelaunch junoprobelaunch wrote:

i have been usin an inuke 6000dsp since 2014  been out a lot of times i know wot the amp is capable off it will power 2 1850 loaded scoops no worries have dun this myself it wont power 2 per channel properly no way not sayin it wont make sum decent spl but will run out of steam trust me Big smile
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 8:05pm

i have been usin an inuke 6000dsp since 2014  been out a lot of times i know wot the amp is capable off it will power 2 1850 loaded scoops no worries have dun this myself it wont power 2 per channel properly no way not sayin it wont make sum decent spl but will run out of steam trust me Big smile
[/QUOTE]

Been wondering about this.  Have you used it on non Dubby (for want of better description) music at 4r?  House, Techno, Rock, Pop? 

Reason for asking is because if two are definitely wanted that's nearly 700 quid which is used T5n or big QSC/Crown territory
ta

Edited by nickyburnell - 16 April 2018 at 8:08pm
It's everything, not everythink!
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 8:13pm
safe nick i mostly use it at 4ohm a pair of subs one channel pair of midtops the other has dun a grand job over the years still does my wife (dj lady d ) plays all types of music it does a grand job i can hit the limiter wen playin certain types of music and we play it heavy a great amp light weight runs cool plenty of power Smile
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 8:23pm
QSC 5050 is a fair bit of bang for the buck.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>