Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hornresp Help - SBH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hornresp Help - SBH
    Posted: 22 April 2018 at 6:02am
Hi everyone, so I’m new to hornresp and have just simmed the SBH.  Now I’m attempting to change the rear chamber and throat design to accommodate 2 x12 inch drivers. 

How do I let hornresp know that I plan to use 2 in series drivers instead of 1 is it as simple as double clicking ‘Nd’ and changing to 2drivers in series then loading the correct driver info in? 

Also how do I add more than the standard 4 horn segments?
 I believe segment 4 info for the SBH is actually 2 segments added together. Instead of adding the segment volumes between the blue and red and the red and pink lines (see photo)  together surely it would be more accurate for horn resp if you divided them up in to there own individual segments.

Apologies for the nube questions but there isn't much info out there to help with hornresp so it has been a case of trial and error.  Thanks in advance
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2018 at 9:51am
Quote How do I let hornresp know that I plan to use 2 in series drivers instead of 1 is it as simple as double clicking ‘Nd’ and changing to 2drivers in series then loading the correct driver info in?

Double click ‘Nd’ and change to 2 drivers in series, click "OK", if it shows "2S" in "Nd" it worked.

Quote Also how do I add more than the standard 4 horn segments?
You don't. It doesn't.

Personally I wouldn't bother with it but pick the points a bit different (like the pink line parallel to the red and blue line) and just simulate it as one segment. Alternatively, the segments between the driver and the pink line could be approximated as two segments, so that you now have two segments to simulate the two segments that you want to differentiate between.

Have you searched for a Hornresp-Help topic on this site?

Johan
KB109 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2018 at 1:28pm
Do you recommend any better horn design software? 

I didn’t. I will check the thread now, cheers. 
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2018 at 1:36pm
Not sure about 'better' but AKABAK will allow you to add as many segments as you want, you can also export you HR models to it.
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2018 at 2:40pm
+1 on Akabak, though I wouldn't recommend it, at this point. At the 4 segment point HR has near the same accuracy but is waaay more beginner friendly.

As a rule of thumb, make sure that the total simulated volume (in schematic diagram) doesn't exceed 80% of the cabinet external volume. So for the SBH:120 x 95 x 53.6 cm = 611 litre, the total simulated volume in the schematic diagram should not be more than 611 x 0.8 = 489 litre.

Johan
 Post Reply Post Reply