Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

where have all the

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 11:47pm
I do like the look of them. Clean and classy.
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 4:59am
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 11:02am
"SmartSense loudspeaker impedance compensation for linear frequency response at any speaker load impedance"  well this looks new i use the peq on mine to get it soundin good Smile
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
oren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 11:27am
NO wonder , behringer has a tendency to do that shit lol , just like how car audio companies use the max wattage for speakers , you get lads saying oh yeah I have a 5-10k system in their car but its nowhere near
Music is nice..
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:59pm
So does anyone have some more news on the amps? Just same as a inuke but with different front? 

It looks like they will be shipping out on 4th of june.

Does anyone have any experience with the km1700 amp? Looks a bit like a updated version of the europower series. Looks interesting. 
We need more SPL!
Jack_The_Ripper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack_The_Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:39pm
Behringer makes crap though so why you want an iNuke amplifier? I think it's funny how they have a photo of a nightclub and outdoor music festival on the amp page but no nightclub i've ever heard of would dream of using Behringer let alone music festival, lol. 

Edited by Jack_The_Ripper - 26 May 2018 at 7:47pm
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 10:47pm
Quote Behringer makes crap though so why you want an iNuke amplifier? 
Because they're not crap, and neither are Ultradrives and a few other Berry products. 

For the money they're excellent, and Behringer isn't a static, one product business, they can't really be painted like that so easily. They've delivered plenty of turkeys and had major QA issues in the past that would be enough to persuade any serious user to look for alternatives, but when large numbers of professionals speak up about their positive real world experiences over many intense gigs with a product then it's time to start listening!

These days they use their financial muscle to buy promising tech from innovators (and buy entire tech firms and swallow them up into their ecosystem) - that's what the iNuke line is. Behringer didn't develop the technology in-house.
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 11:09pm
[QUOTE=Jack_The_Ripper]Behringer makes crap though so why you want an iNuke amplifier? I think it's funny how they have a photo of a nightclub and outdoor music festival on the amp page but no nightclub i've ever heard of would dream of using Behringer let alone music festival, lol.  [/QUOTE
This statement  is about as bright as putting a 10k rig in a village hall with a 85db limiter.

Edited by concept-10 - 27 May 2018 at 6:53am
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Jack_The_Ripper Jack_The_Ripper wrote:

Behringer makes crap though so why you want an iNuke amplifier? I think it's funny how they have a photo of a nightclub and outdoor music festival on the amp page but no nightclub i've ever heard of would dream of using Behringer let alone music festival, lol.

I installed six EP2500's in a club once, last I heard was that they were still there and they still worked.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 12:21am
Those things still change hands second hand on the free party scene... can't be that bad if they have been ragged several times by several idiots and STILL keep going.

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Jack_The_Ripper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack_The_Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 8:58am
Originally posted by concept-10 concept-10 wrote:

[QUOTE=Jack_The_Ripper]Behringer makes crap though so why you want an iNuke amplifier? I think it's funny how they have a photo of a nightclub and outdoor music festival on the amp page but no nightclub i've ever heard of would dream of using Behringer let alone music festival, lol.  [/QUOTE
This statement  is about as bright as putting a 10k rig in a village hall with a 85db limiter.

I didn't know the hall had a very low set sound limiter until two days ago when my mate told me you moron so obviously I won't be putting my system in there now will I. *rolls eyes*

And with regards to Behringer equipment maybe they are getting better and  maybe it's reliable gear now but that doesn't make it worth buying when you can buy used QSC and Crown amps that deliver as much power with way better long term reliability and better sound quality. Plus you can't honestly say things like for example the clip limiters in the Behringer amps are as good as QSC can you. It's my personal experience and preference not to buy anything from Behringer I don't care how cheap it is. It's not just about long term reliability it's about sound quality, ability to output it's rated power continuously all night long. Price wise i'd rather buy older used Crest and Crown amps compared to a brand new Behringer iNuke.

Edited by Jack_The_Ripper - 27 May 2018 at 9:00am
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 9:51am
Quote it's about sound quality, ability to output it's rated power continuously all night long.
Sound quality and ability to play at full tilt all night long are two areas where the iNukes frequently surprise people. It won't play at it's rated power (2200w per channel on the NU6000 - I mean it's rated 3000w but plays 2200) but as long as you're aware of it's actual limitations you won't be disappointed.

300 euros for ~4500w in a 12kg package with quality good enough to replace heavyweight amps and play sub all night long (which some sounds have definitely done, and presumably without losing all their business in the process), is, at the very least, not something to which the question "why would anyone buy one?" should be rhetorical.

I respect your preference for buying old used heavyweight amps, it's a legit option that can offer similar output for a similar price and there are many applications where I'd opt for the same, but it has it's own set of pitfalls to contend with: 40kg vs 12kg for a start can mean the difference between an amp rack you can move without assistance (possibly mechanical assistance) and one you can't. Buy a used amp, no matter how reliable and you've got zero recourse to warranty and it's very difficult to assess it's condition before buying.

Will the quality of a heavyweight be better? Probably. Will it sound better in clip? Most likely. Will it definitely be more reliable? No. Is it suitable for road warrior applications? Not really.  Hire stock? Not unless you really know what you're doing and keep it well maintained.

If the margins on quality were substantial the argument would be a lot stronger, but they're slimmer than you'd think. Amp technology doesn't improve very often, but obviously it has to sometimes, and in this case Behringer spotted something promising and developed it into a winner. Is that so hard to believe?

Edited by Hemisphere - 27 May 2018 at 10:13am
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>