FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to use DCX EQ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to use DCX EQ?
    Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:08pm
To remove each EQ point go to each EQ number (1,2,3+ etc) starting from the highest number and change it to 0dB. Then when you go down to the next EQ point it will be removed
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:05pm
No eq can be set on/off for each individual channel
Miles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:23pm
not sure it i understand correctly- if u set all eq value to 0, eq is not active - keep in mind that there are 1-3 points/pages u can set per channel - scroll through all of them and make sure all values are set to 0. Eq on/off is for all channels if i remember correctly
charlysays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlysays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:21pm
Just got some new  (to me) chunkier tops up and running after a quick refurb (jbl sp215-9) and I find the comp a bit too loud in relation to the woofer. I did some searching on the forum and found a guy who had the same complaint about them (his were SRX something or other but same components- 2226h woofer and 2447j comp). Also looked on youtube and no one really touches on the DCX EQ.
The passive xover between woofer and comp is 1.2khz though if you swap over a jumper on the wiring panel inside you can also bi amp them, though the guy I mentioned above tried this and never got them to sound as good as the passive xover.

Is there any reason why I can't just use the EQ on the DCX to attenuate all frequencies for the tops above 1.2khz? -2db should do it.

I've tried doing this and it seems to work, but on output 2 which I use for the right mid top I've obviously had a play with the EQ before ages ago and the filters have stayed on my programs as I've gone along (though this is the first time I've really needed to switch the EQ on so not been an issue so far). I've been modifying the same program and saving them under different names for different set ups and must have put in some notches etc on output 2 whilst experimenting with the DCX ages ago as when I turn it on it attenuates loads compared to output 1 where I just have a mild HP of -2 or -3db , I'm assuming because several notches are active at once as soon as I switch the EQ on?

How do I clear the EQ back to no nothches/ filters? I can see how you add more filters/ notches to the EQ on an output band but can't find how to delete them to clear it so that when you switch EQ ON, there is no EQ change until you apply a filter.

Any tips much appreciated, sorry for the basic question but I have tried to sort it myself via forum/ youtube etc in a tired out busy sort of way lol

Cheers

Edited by charlysays - 16 May 2018 at 2:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply