FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem With Travel Trailer Install

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem With Travel Trailer Install
    Posted: 17 May 2018 at 2:34pm
Sounds like it is oscillating. That is a fault with the amp. If still under warranty I would return it
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
Scott88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:08pm
Yeah it's brand new. And although I was suspicious of buying a Pyle head unit, it had great reviews on amazon and was in the cheap price range I was looking for as it is only a quick install in my trailer that is only used occasionally.
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Scott88 Scott88 wrote:

..... Could this be a problem with the head unit itself?

Sounds like it to me. Did you buy it new?
Scott88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:37pm

I recently purchased and installed a Pyle Bluetooth Radio Head Unit. I installed it in my 90s travel trailer in place of aftermarket Panasonic car stereo that was already there. Now what happens is that the music plays fine for awhile at low volume but if I turn it up to medium volume or adjust the EQ a loud pulsating interference plays over the speakers and the cones of the speakers visibly pulsate up and down way more than they should. The interference doesn't go away or get quieter by turning the volume down to zero and only goes away if I turn the unit off or switch inputs between radio/bluetooth/aux etc. However, it doesn't matter what input I have it on this problem will still happen in short time. It is weird that switching inputs stops the problem temporarily. It shouldn't be a wiring issue as the Panasonic stereo that was installed worked perfectly fine and I didn't change any of the wires or grounding. If it was a ground issue wouldn't the previous stereo have had issues as well? Also the wiring and the wire harness were almost the same so it wasn't any complicated wiring. I have installed quite a few car stereos but I have never experienced this problem and I followed the Pyle wiring instructions completely. Could this be a problem with the head unit itself?

Post Reply Post Reply