Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

whos rig was this in stokes croft eh? USB2?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: whos rig was this in stokes croft eh? USB2?
    Posted: 20 May 2018 at 6:34pm

heard peeps had a great time, presumably under the premise of a royal street party?

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 7:56pm
A USB2? Don't think so... thought the USB2 was ported. That looks more like an HD215 to me or the original USB, with Vega 152 tops. With a nice shade of green paint!

Edited by djeddie - 20 May 2018 at 7:57pm
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
re-production View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote re-production Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 8:07pm
It was rave on Avon yesterday, loads of things going on at every venue and on the street around stokes. 
Don't think it had anything to do with the wedding?
el chupacabra View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el chupacabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 11:27pm
Looks like an HD215 that.

I did put some USB2 out in Manchester for a street party though.
You can get pretty liberal use of Temporary Event Notices and road closures for the wedding so it's a good way to take advantage of the chance to party without much bother. Just gotta have the 'Bun The Tories' bunting so nobody gets the wrong idea.
KB109 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 4:57am
ha not exactly relaxed music laws..

. this happened the same day! Small free party.   Riot police come, don’t show a section 64 notice. Just arrive and smash the out of the amp rack, ripping all the cables out. Watch here https://www.facebook.com/jake.barber.90/posts/623246888031325
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 12:21pm
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 12:54pm
a TEN licensed event is slightly different to an unlicensed rave.... the risks are a given
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 2:35pm
Hey Gingerbiscuit how about a little solidarity for the rig? You never enjoyed yourself at an unlicensed rave then? Sorry but I won't let people condone police behaviour like this. Not the kind of society I want to live in.
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 3:28pm
Police ask ravers to switch off the rig, system operator either not present or not cooperative (possibly before riot police were called in), what should they do? Switch it off at the switch? How do you stop someone like the bloke who deliberately got up in their faces in the second half of the clip from switching it back on again?

Those situations are often hostile without anyone willing to take responsibility and communicate/cooperate/compromise,
 and granted the police up the ante with their riot gear but people at raves can and do lob missiles at unprotected officers.

You'd be amazed how far a responsible adult can get with police in a situation like that. Seen it done well loads of times, but the crowd have to be on message too and that's a real trick that takes development throughout the event and in the tone of promotion etc.

Did they confiscate it? 
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 3:39pm
Don't understand why they dont just turn off the generator and stand around it
KB109 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by spongebob spongebob wrote:

Don't understand why they dont just turn off the generator and stand around it

This is what they usually do. Then they confiscate the equipment. Or demand it to be packed down.  Even If the police couldn’t find the rig owner prior to sending riot police in there was no need to smash someone’s property up. 

I believe with this one they decided to send a message to the free partiers. It’s happened before and it will happen again.  99% time the police know the party is happening and they let it happen. Either they are understaffed to stop it or at risk of it being to dangerous for there selves  or disruptive for the local community. Sometimes they like to get the message across that they can and will shut the parties down when they want. Parties like this happen every weekend year round all across the country. And 99% of them happen with the police doing nothing. 

At various partys I have spoken to plain clothes officers who are sent there to monitor the party and when numbers start to drop in the morning they leave and come back suited and booted telling them to pack down or it gets confiscated. 

mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 5:05pm
I've met with quite a few policemen in my time and I must say roughly 50% of them were assholes. Most of the other 50% had something over them that gave me a feeling of respect or compassion for their being.

Policemen often need to take a stance, to professionally enforce control and minimizing the harm that otherwise might come to them or their colleagues. This stance imo has many traits similar to being an asshole, though is distinctively different in its purpose.

At first glance I would say that this professional policemen enforcing control is a natural asshole. So this type of behaviour comes easy to him. If he would not have a batch, his action would be of criminal nature, now he is just a fascist who will get away with his crime.

He needs a lot of cuddling...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>