Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10 inch line array

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanley dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 4:54pm
this is not answer to who can help to build
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 6:12pm
Hi, people are trying to help you telling you that designing and building a line array is not an easy task, even for seasoned builders, and it takes a lot more than just hanging ten boxes one above the other, and buying drivers is only part of the cost.

As Marjan said, to fly anything it has to be certified, and it costs, and rigging hardware itself is not cheap and you can't cut corners on safety, nobody will help you if you put people's life in danger.

how many amps and processors - or dsp amps you have? to successfully deploy a line array you need to process many speaker in a different way, it takes a lot of dsp and amp channels... that cost money too.

tuning and aligning a "simple" four way system is not an immediate task, and the art can be refined for years.
tuning and aligning - don't ask about designing it...- a line array needs a lot more knowledge , that means study, and measurement equipment. both cost money.

the knowledge behind the design and deploying and the appropriate processing will make the speakers behave like a line array, without that it will only look like an array and sound bad like any random pile of boxes.

if you don't allready have all the knowledge needed, the workshop and the time and the equipment to build prototypes, test them, burn them and start again, and have amps and dsp and knowledge again to run it, it probably does not make any sense for you to sink more money into a line array.
I know, Peter Morris built his diy line array, but is not your usual diyer...

good news is that speakers and amps nowadays do wonders, maybe marketing convinced you that you need a line array but many times point source are easier to deploy and more effective for crowds larger that you think.

if you could specify your needs better in terms of coverage needed, required spl, musical genres, and the drivers you allready have we could help you with appropriate diy friendly projects.

If you really need a line array, maybe because that's all your clients want, than you'd better look at second hand or have a professional design it for you... there is far too much research and time involved in designing a working line array that you can't expect that level of knowledge given away for free.

Again people are really trying to help you, there are no line array plans around for a reason.

Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 6:42pm
if you check this blokes other thread he has some BR 21's with custom drivers and routered branding so I think he's serious about doing this commercially. Not the average 'line array plans please' dreamer but of course most of the above points stand. At minimum you probably need to pay someone for professional consultation on this project (which will only be the beginning of a web of professional services unless you're a very fast learner with development resources to hand). It will not be a free lunch. 

Lol I just read his other posts, I take it back. Classic dreamer. You don't need a line array! 

You've bought the drivers now so you may as well make something with them though. Whatever it is it won't be a line array but it might be an array of boxes in a line (or column) and for a small town festival that'll provably be just fine.

Just don't say 'line array' because that only confuses things.  

Edited by Hemisphere - 29 May 2018 at 6:50pm
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
stanley dj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanley dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 6:53pm
finally somebody nice :) ,I know this not be a free plans I don't mind spend some money  but budget is not big  I have  loads of cnc machines and. And top engineers available to do rigging hardware and  wood work  I will not stop tryin  and soonest I get any working model  I will posted up 
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 7:13pm
the point people are making is that in order for an array of speakers to function as a line array you need to employ professional services which will go way beyond your budget or the scope of a DIY project.

I still recommend professional consultation but a responsible professional will tell you more or less what you've heard here, only if you paid to be told you might be more likely to listen.

If you can find someone who will tell step you through the technical process - honestly - and that process falls within your budget then absolutely, go for it, but you won't find that information dispensed for free on a forum as it's just top in depth and would be a waste of the time of all involved in 99% of cases.
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 8:21pm
How about point source? much better in my opinion, still not an easy or cheap build (iv,e done a few) but the rewards are good, could be a better option.

JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by stanley dj stanley dj wrote:

So the answer is anyone who has developed a line array. Good luck getting plans or help off martin or lacoustics or void or mm acoustics. They've spent 10s or 100s of thousands to develop it.  They'd want more than the cost of the boxes to help you develop your own. 

And for the record everyone has been nice to you! They might not have given you plans but the advice has all been free, freely given and well intentioned.

I think if you move your goals as to what you want you'll get more of the support you seek.  Wink

Edited by JonB67 - 29 May 2018 at 11:57pm
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 9:30am
Originally posted by JonB67 JonB67 wrote:

Originally posted by stanley dj stanley dj wrote:

So the answer is anyone who has developed a line array. Good luck getting plans or help off martin or lacoustics or void or mm acoustics. They've spent 10s or 100s of thousands to develop it.  They'd want more than the cost of the boxes to help you develop your own. 

And that spread over many years, many prototypes, many events, and many, many revisions… not to mention the ongoing improvements, just check the version numbers on the current editions of most companies' preset stacks…

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanley dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 5:11pm
final prototype of horn flare,  just bit of cardboard, duct tape,docs wave  guide ,smaart7 and few buckets of coffe
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 5:28pm

That's the final prototype?
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 5:31pm
What drivers are those? They look too small for the job.

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanley dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 5:37pm
beyma cd10fe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>