Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10 inch line array

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanley dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 inch line array
    Posted: 27 May 2018 at 7:55pm
hi  all  anybody have some plans   of  line array cabinets that  works  with  eminence delta 10b     have  here  32 drivers   and  32 compression drivers  with  dosc waveguides  thanks  all
P@Freak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P@Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 2:09pm
V-Dosc Waveguides are for 10" Grid Dimensions ?!!

Wink P@Freak
stanley dj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanley dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 2:51pm
each cabinet will have 2x10 drivers  maybe 2x6 Inch mid  and 2x 1 inch compression drivers with waveguide  something like l acustic ones   have all except mid drivers .xover should be round 80 Hz for low and 1200hz for high
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 8:04am
If you do some searches on here you'll find no one is giving out line array plans because the time and cost involved in developing them means its only viable as a commercial venture.  

But search anyway, you may find something useful in those threads.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanley dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:20am
i know is not sipmle I don't mind to spend some not crazy money all I need is the volume ,tuning of the lf driver cabinet  to sound good and get Max is driver without damage 
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:32am
Go and read as suggested if you're serious.  You'll find that its not just volume and tuning for line array.  

If you just want to build a few tops then download winisd, its a free piece of software that means you can easily work out just what you've asked.  Loads of info on here and the net if you hit search and google. 

A quick heads up, the people on here will help with their hard earnt knowledge you if you want to learn, but may not spoon feed you the answers if you cant be bothered to put in any effort. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanley dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:51am
i read a lot  I have my HF side sorted  all my problem is now lf side.  I done loads of research and experimental cabinets but I can't move any folder without help of somebody who done it before  and all is cost me 2 much at this point so don't want to  wasate more time and money without any more knowelage  
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 12:26pm
There are no free plans for line array. None. They're to expensive to r and d for people to give them for free.

What is it you are actually trying to do? 

If you just want help working out the volume and tuning to put a given driver in a midtop that's easy but its not what you've asked for so far...

Jon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanley dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 1:18pm
i want build line arrays not just mid/high cabs as I have drivers wave guides and all I need guide what type of lay out straight or in angle also need somebody who can design cabinet .to suit my drivers 
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by stanley dj stanley dj wrote:

i want build line arrays not just mid/high cabs as I have drivers wave guides and all I need guide what type of lay out straight or in angle also need somebody who can design cabinet .to suit my drivers 

Serious question: Do you know the difference between lots of reflex mid-tops stacked on top of each-other and a line array? Like are you able to explain it in technical terms? If the answer is 'no' then you should probs try something a little more simple to start with. I have built maybe 20 or 30 cabs, designed and built my own reflex dj monitors and run a sound system for the last couple of years. I wouldn't even think about attempting to build a line array at this point. I know enough to know; I don't know near enough, if you know what I mean. 

Another serious question: What are you planning on using these speakers for? Do you have a specific genre, crowd size, location? or do you just sort of want to build a line array? 

Edited by citizensc - 29 May 2018 at 1:54pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanley dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 4:07pm
i need line array to fill out small town festival  and usable to most genders of music  I know few horn loaded cabs it makes but line array is chalange  alslo I have drivers and I like to used it l
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 4:49pm
Just because you have drivers, it does not mean they are suitable for a line array box. 
Slapping bunch of vertically hanged boxes, does not make it a line array. It is much more complex then that.
Hardware is a whole another story. You must certify it if you want to fly the boxes in public.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>