FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 x MT121 coupling question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Risc_Terilia View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risc_Terilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 x MT121 coupling question
    Posted: 04 June 2018 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Foca_Dacian Foca_Dacian wrote:

I was looking at the MT121's TDA angle of the horizontal dispersion (20 degrees)and the angle of the side panel of the box (10 degrees).
If you put two MT121 side by side, won't that cause 10 degrees of overlaping of the mid frequencies==>combfiltering?
Should'nt they be splayed at an angle so no overlaping occurs?
I'm asking this because all the stacks I've seen with these, the boxes where next to each other.

You're right, the systems that stack like you've seen are wrong Smile
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 1:11pm
I have mt121 with 60x40 horn and prefer to splay them with a divider  to get something like 40 degree angle between them... It is more related to the hf horn, so if you are using 90 degrees horns you'll probably need to splay them more.
Foca_Dacian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foca_Dacian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 12:49pm
I was looking at the MT121's TDA angle of the horizontal dispersion (20 degrees)and the angle of the side panel of the box (10 degrees).
If you put two MT121 side by side, won't that cause 10 degrees of overlaping of the mid frequencies==>combfiltering?
Should'nt they be splayed at an angle so no overlaping occurs?
I'm asking this because all the stacks I've seen with these, the boxes where next to each other.
 Post Reply Post Reply