Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BMS 4594 & PKN XE2500 Hiss!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2018 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by freddymendez freddymendez wrote:

Nah mine are the celestion drivers in the stasys prime

No Celestion drivers in that box? Beyma CP755Nd is what they should be loaded with.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2018 at 4:13pm
Ah yeah its a Beyma not a Celestion dono why I thought that
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2018 at 4:13pm
where's Victor when we need him Smile
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2018 at 8:35pm
This is not an unusual problem with class D amplifiers...
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 3:09pm
How many are you running per channel? Maybe there's an impedance sweet spot where the noise becomes more acceptable (because of the drivers being part of the output filter and all that). 
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 6:03pm
Could try putting a l-pad before the 4594 and boost the output on your DSP.
In the Truth there is no news, and in the News there is no truth
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 6:55pm
A friend got the coaxial ones and we were also troubleshooting the hiss a few days ago, we didnt figure it out in the end with every combination,blamed the electricity in the end LOL. But its clearly loud,its a box with 12" and the 45?? and you could barely hear the hiss on the 12" if you put your ear to it,talk about sensitive.
It maybe unrelated to your problem, this was tried out with class a t.amp and a ffa with and without mixer/dsp and the internal crossover.
JEB88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEB88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 7:40pm
 I think I have noticed electricity supply making a difference, ie in my garage at home the hiss is very prominent whereas inside the house it seems better, and at some venues it is far less audible... I don't know whether this could be down to room acoustics or the speakes being higher up though.

So you're saying that this is not just secluded to the PKN? I haven't tried this comp on any other amp yet so I can't make the comparisson.
JEB88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEB88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by dlyxover dlyxover wrote:

Could try putting a l-pad before the 4594 and boost the output on your DSP.

I have read of people putting an lpad over the comp but when I had a quick look on Bluearan they were only rated at 50w.
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 7:53pm
You can make your own l-pad. I think there are component calculators online. It that's 50w rms it should be okay though I'd have thought. Depends how the ratings and conditions of failure work for l-pads.

Hmm forgot it was the 4594 we're talking about - 50w definitely pushing it! 

Edited by Hemisphere - 04 June 2018 at 8:30pm
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 8:42pm
What the hell did i write up there " class a t.amp" lol Wacko. Yeah no PKNs in those racks.
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 6:17pm
DO NOT REMOVE THE 'PE' terminal, never ever do that! Protective Earth is vital for safe operation, without PE it may kill someone!

8-10 years ago there was XE series amplifiers too noisy but PKN quickly fixed that series.

The noise of course is larger than a small amp but the power is much larger too. Do not want same noise than your 200W HiFi amp :-) I would suggest to reduce gain and use +6 or +10dB input line signal level. There are guys who insert even quality signal isolation transformers right on the analog input of amps, great improvement in pulse response and sound quality!

If you still find it noisy I would suggest to direct contact to PKN guys.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12