Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upcoming Auction of Epic Studios Equipment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DSB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upcoming Auction of Epic Studios Equipment
    Posted: 14 June 2018 at 5:20pm
Having worked at Epic a lot over the past several years I believe they are WSX in that lot as there has been a pair kicking about there. I think the WS218s went in a separate lot from.what I saw. Was hoping to pick up a cheap pair of F12s myself but it all got a little silly :(

Anyone here pick up anything?

Rather interesting to sign up to a forum and one of the first posts be about a place I spent many years working at!
Ryan94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 2:52pm
Those WS218X look like WSX to me.....if that's the case they are far from a bargain at the price they are currently at. 
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 10:30am
Originally posted by djeddie djeddie wrote:

^ That's the way to do it!!!

But is it not, Purchase price + 15.5% and then VAT on the lot? So 38.6% on top of sale price?

i.e.

Item Purchased  £100.00
Buyers Premium £15.50

Sub Total £115.50
VAT £23.10
Grand Total £ 138.60

No it's not always VAT on the item, sometimes the item may be VAT free. So they charge the item plus VAT if needed. Then the sellers fees + VAT 
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 10:28am
I buy from Auctions a lot. 

I sit down with a spreadsheet and work out what each item is worth too me including fees and travel etc. Then I place that bid And shut the window. 

Buying from a auction you have no guarantee it works and no come backs so be a bit sensible. It has too be a bargain to even consider it imho.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 7:32pm
^ That's the way to do it!!!

But is it not, Purchase price + 15.5% and then VAT on the lot? So 38.6% on top of sale price?

i.e.

Item Purchased  £100.00
Buyers Premium £15.50

Sub Total £115.50
VAT £23.10
Grand Total £ 138.60
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Yup,i remember that, daft people ending up with a Citronic ppx150 owing them over £250, or a Crown DC300a for £600,and desperately trying to get their money back selling on ebay for months after.
Yup, I got a couple of bargains from the collateral of that auction including a PACE DAB tuner and a Philips Amp. Great. I shall be watching EBay for a few days after the auction.
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

Originally posted by TERMS & CONDITIONS TERMS & CONDITIONS wrote:

5) Buyers Premium of 15.5% plus 20% VAT is payable on the bid price.

So +35% to sale price.... bargain Confused

20% of which a business should be able to claim back

mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by TERMS & CONDITIONS TERMS & CONDITIONS wrote:

5) Buyers Premium of 15.5% plus 20% VAT is payable on the bid price.

So +35% to sale price.... bargain Confused

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 10:00am
Originally posted by djeddie djeddie wrote:

Hopefully anyone interested in buying reads the terms and conditions. Remember the ex-BBC auction a few years back when people thought they were getting a bargain... without realising there's no postage, fees and VAT to add to the end price.

Yup,i remember that, daft people ending up with a Citronic ppx150 owing them over £250, or a Crown DC300a for £600,and desperately trying to get their money back selling on ebay for months after.
Be seeing you.
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 10:02pm
Nothing of interest for me on this one, was hoping for some more truss, but a) they cant spell truss and b) they only have tri corners (even though its described as quad?).
Did do very well in the Ramco clearout, but that was collection just down the road at Cardington hangers
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 9:28pm
Hopefully anyone interested in buying reads the terms and conditions. Remember the ex-BBC auction a few years back when people thought they were getting a bargain... without realising there's no postage, fees and VAT to add to the end price.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
L8 ECU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L8 ECU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 12:38pm
Try this:

Search "Martin"

Search "Yamaha"

Or by LOT numbers:

Martin

Yamaha amps

Edited by L8 ECU - 11 June 2018 at 1:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>