Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin 215mk3 with pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by IvCu IvCu wrote:

What drivers are you using in them? Mines are loaded with pd1550's and the plan is the same as yours. 
Did u had a chance to lift them up? Big smile
Am loading them with Rcf MB15N401 they are not done but think they be like 80kg , it’s about 2&2/3 of a sheets we use on each cab .
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
IvCu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IvCu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Father-Francis Father-Francis wrote:

Originally posted by IvCu IvCu wrote:

What drivers are you using in them? Mines are loaded with pd1550's and the plan is the same as yours. 
Did u had a chance to lift them up? Big smile
Am loading them with Rcf MB15N401 they are not done but think they be like 80kg , it’s about 2&2/3 of a sheets we use on each cab .

They really kick as a mule! Let me know what are your impressions, but i think you will like them, they are very efficient! 
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2018 at 9:25am
so it's time to go back to the box building after the summer holidays with the family . will keep you posted on results 
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
wilidapili View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilidapili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2018 at 9:05pm
I am also in the process of building some Martin Audio 215 mk3 bins! You are much further in the process than I, which is why I would like to ask you some questions if it's ok!

- I started modelling with 18mm ply, but seems like you are using 15mm, any special reason for this?

- I have made a CAD drawing from the drawings that can be found on the forum. There were some parts which angles were not specified, and some measurements that I could not match with the drawings. I am a beginner builder, so I do not know how crucial they are. 

Here's what my model looks like so far, still got some stuff to do. 

If I asked really really nicely, could you send your CAD file to me? Beer Meanwhile, waiting for more build pics and info!! 

Edited by wilidapili - 24 August 2018 at 9:10pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2018 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by wilidapili wilidapili wrote:

I am also in the process of building some Martin Audio 215 mk3 bins! You are much further in the process than I, which is why I would like to ask you some questions if it's ok!

- I started modelling with 18mm ply, but seems like you are using 15mm, any special reason for this?

I've only used 18mm for everything I don't recall posting anything about 15mm . The drawing I used is this one 
http://hornplans.free.fr/martin_mk3.html 

- I have made a CAD drawing from the drawings that can be found on the forum. There were some parts which angles were not specified, and some measurements that I could not match with the drawings. I am a beginner builder, so I do not know how crucial they are. 

Here's what my model looks like so far, still got some stuff to do. 

If I asked really really nicely, could you send your CAD file to me? Beer Meanwhile, waiting for more build pics and info!! I'l be posting few more pics so , been kind of busy 
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2018 at 10:35am
Will upload more pics soon 

Edited by Father-Francis - 22 September 2018 at 10:36am
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2018 at 10:44am
Very nice Smile
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2018 at 12:49pm
Beautiful box! How would this sound like against 6x martin 115? :) 
You care to share the CAD file in pm please? 
We need more SPL!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2018 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Dutchman Dutchman wrote:

Beautiful box! How would this sound like against 6x martin 115? :) 
You care to share the CAD file in pm please? 
Funny you ask cause am asking myself The same we have 6*115martin i just loade Them with Pd 1550 and They came alive , The kick hit’s you damn good now so i can’t wait to finish the 215’ Tongue
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2018 at 10:24am
Wiiidapiii Best thing that you can do is get a peice of mdf the size of the bottom panel. Then draw out on that with a good old pencil and a long ruler. You will be able to work out where you are wrong, I would think. Get a carpenters bevel too and a good old protractor. they still work. not digital I know but they work. Wheres my slide rule?
BP1Fanatic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BP1Fanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2018 at 5:31pm
Awesome build Thumbs Up
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2018 at 9:17am
halfway there and I would like to finish joining this weekend sand them and start painting next week before it gets to cold , it’s been along time since I had these boxes Martin 215 , can’t wait to try them out, and which driver will work out of the two we have , 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>