Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin 215mk3 with pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2018 at 10:44pm
Awesome!! 
wilidapili View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilidapili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2018 at 5:31pm
Thanks for all the photos, looks like you'll have them running in no time!

Sooooo I discovered the stupid mistake I had made after I modelled the cab again, hehe. It was the side panels' length: I had drawn it to be 910, but it is 18mm shorter. This resulted in the 16mm difference in the drawing. I also scaled the original drawing in illustrator to quite closely match the real-life measurements to check the angles and lengths of the corner braces. Both of the braces are 45 degrees with the back panel. The brace touching the baffle is about 62mm from the back panel to the longer corner of the brace, like shown in the photo. 

On another note, have I understood correctly that the baffle and side panel look something like this?

Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2018 at 10:05pm
that’s good you gotten that problem solved am on number five now , should be done tomorrow 😊
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Waipy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waipy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2018 at 9:39am
Hello there, nice to find this post as I have the same plans and going to start building a pair these days. Nice boxes you have there :)
Let me ask you, how are you connecting the speakers internally? in this cab the speakers are supposed to be connected in parallel into one output in the back of the cab, but i cannot get to the idea of how to do this. Could you show some photos? Would be very appreciated.

And by the way, thanks to all the users in here, been reading this forum for years without writing and has helped me a lot.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2018 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Waipy Waipy wrote:

Hello there, nice to find this post as I have the same plans and going to start building a pair these days. Nice boxes you have there :)
Let me ask you, how are you connecting the speakers internally? in this cab the speakers are supposed to be connected in parallel into one output in the back of the cab, but i cannot get to the idea of how to do this. Could you show some photos? Would be very appreciated.

And by the way, thanks to all the users in here, been reading this forum for years without writing and has helped me a lot.
thanks I am going to wire mine  as -1/+1 to one driver and -2/+2 for next driver I intend to use an  X4 Powersoft to run them , am in the process of sanding now will post some pics later 
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Waipy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waipy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2018 at 12:55pm
Thanks for the answer, but I explained myself wrong.

The question is: how are you gonna handle the wiring between drivers and the speakon? I cannot figure how to do the conexion withouth drilling the internal panels.
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2018 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Waipy Waipy wrote:

Thanks for the answer, but I explained myself wrong.

The question is: how are you gonna handle the wiring between drivers and the speakon? I cannot figure how to do the conexion withouth drilling the internal panels.

You do drill the internal panels, route the wire through, then fill the hole with sealant if there's any gaps.
Waipy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waipy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2018 at 2:57pm
That clears everything, thanks.
Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2018 at 1:30am
Check out ace vintage systems, he has at least 24 original boxes, that he has improved 
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2018 at 8:28pm
Would it be possible to get the plans and files for this cab? I Havent seen these plans with double baffle before.

I would like to make them in singles.. Is this a good idea or does the drivers share the horn? 
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2018 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by FOO FOO wrote:

Would it be possible to get the plans and files for this cab? I Havent seen these plans with double baffle before.

I would like to make them in singles.. Is this a good idea or does the drivers share the horn? 
The other plans you have to try figure out yourself 
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2018 at 1:26am
No such thing as a free lunch!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>