Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin 215mk3 with pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2018 at 4:59am
Originally posted by boots-hifi boots-hifi wrote:

No such thing as a free lunch!
You right about that Boots, we are a group of people working,on the system , I build someone draws so all team work . Nobody is going to be happy with me for giving their work out for free, companies here will charge around 3800kr to do a drawing like that . 
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2018 at 8:52am
I am not asking for a free lunch. I can do it by myself.
But that drawing does not tell it all. 
Its missing materiale thickness. Quite important 😁
And the Detail A do not give much information on where it is, and what it is. 
I can figure out its the baffle and the circular pattern is a cutout for the driver surround. But No info on how deep it should be. Some rather important measurements if you ask me πŸ™‚

And then i can see you made double thickness baffle. 
Not a part of the plan. So that must mean some changes in volume and so on πŸ™‚

I understand that alot of work had been put into it. And I do not ask for help for free. I am happy to pay for help. No questions about that πŸ™‚
Cutting files and all that are not needed. But a detailed drawing that is complete would be a better starting point ☺️

3800kr for a drawing doesnt sound totally out of the Ball park.
Technical Engineers Arent cheap labor.. And the coffee dont Come cheap other πŸ˜‰

Father Francis, are you based in scandinavia since you use kr? πŸ™‚ 
wilidapili View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wilidapili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2018 at 10:09am
Originally posted by FOO FOO wrote:

I can figure out its the baffle and the circular pattern is a cutout for the driver surround. But No info on how deep it should be. Some rather important measurements if you ask me πŸ™‚

I understand that alot of work had been put into it. And I do not ask for help for free. I am happy to pay for help. No questions about that πŸ™‚
Cutting files and all that are not needed. But a detailed drawing that is complete would be a better starting point ☺️

Technical Engineers Arent cheap labor.. And the coffee dont Come cheap other πŸ˜‰

- Material thickness is 18mm

- If you read the whole thread with thought, you could see from posted photos where "Detail A" is. As I did a double baffle, I made the "letterbox" (rectangular hole) into the other 18mm ply, and the circle cut-out on the other 18mm ply. The circle cut-out was as specified on used drivers' measurements for "rear mount baffle cut-out". I didn't make any other groove for the driver to sit in "deeper" in the baffle. If you want that, you need to freestyle it yourself.

- Double thickness baffle changes the volume of the space where the driver is mounted, yes. How does it affect the end result? I don't really know... 
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2018 at 10:10am

am in CPH the thing is old cabs were done in 15mm finer I prefer to use 18mm ,and where possible , I make 2x18mm , makes my cabs sound better , hvor er du henne i Denmark ?
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2018 at 12:28pm
If its okay im gonna send you i mail.. Easyer to write in danish πŸ™‚

Edited by FOO - 26 December 2018 at 12:42pm
IvCu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IvCu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2018 at 5:03pm
Here, this will make some things easier. Be careful with angles and double check, good luck! 

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/u9a6612bb-6843-4f19-88eb-396ded275aeb/215-mK3?hl=en ;

FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2018 at 5:20pm
Wow, thanks IvCu!!

Well i guess i have to learn how to use Sketchup then :D

I got Autodesk Inventor, so i will get cracking with sketcing and converting that file to Inventor instead.. Looks nice and tidy!

Thanks again man!

IvCu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IvCu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2018 at 5:25pm
No worries! 

It's also possible to convert this file to cnc compatibility as well ;)   
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2018 at 5:38pm
Well i will have a go at it :D

Can see that the double baffle is made out of 15mm sheets.

Do you know any way to convert it directly. That would save me some time.
Still have a bunch of work to do, double checking the whole thing :D
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2018 at 8:26pm

If its okay im gonna send you i mail.. Easyer to write in danish πŸ™‚
I got your mail, am at some Julefrokost , will reply as soon as I get home , you still didn’t say where you are Boss is it CPH too?
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2018 at 8:33pm
Thats fair :D
Gotta get that snaps and sild down the hatch before it gets bad :D

My bad.. 
Im based in Aarhus. Or rather just outside...
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2018 at 9:53am
Is it a go or no-go to make them as halfs?

The middle divider doesnt go all the way to the front, so the drivers share the horn in some way ? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>